Unable to connect to "that server"

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
fb2

Unable to connect to "that server"

Post by fb2 »

I have firefox 61.02 (64bit) on my machine and the wife has 61.02 (64bit) on her laptop. About a week ago she asked why she could not connect to our bank? I checked and sure enough she got a message from firefox saying something like; "Hmm, seen to unable to connect to that server". A number of other sites produced the same thing. Still no problems on my machine!.
Perhaps someone out there has an idea of what to do or check?

Thanks for viewing!

fb2
DanRaisch

Re: Unable to connect to "that server"

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support.
fb2

Post by fb2 »

I talked too soon! Now my browser is displaying the same thing. "Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.
We can’t connect to the server at http://www.bankofamerica.com. This is getting too annoying.

fb2
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Use menu path Tools->Options->Privacy & Security->Cookies and Site Data->click on "Manage Data" button->select any entries that refer to the problem sites (like Bank of America) and then click on "Remove Selected". Close and restart Firefox and try to access the sites again.
fb2

Post by fb2 »

Thank you Dan for the reply! I tried that to no avail. Got the same thing. Deleted all references to the website. Checked again just now to see that they in fact were removed. Yep.
fb2
fb2

Post by fb2 »

Dan,
I just tried MS Edge and it had the same problem. So it's not just firefox. Thanks for the help! I'll try the windows 10 forum.
fb2
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Seeing as the problem is not Firefox specific, this is being moved to the Tech. forum...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)