M&T Online Banking is temporarily unavailable.

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
LIMPET235

Re: M&T Online Banking is temporarily unavailable.

Post by LIMPET235 »

For future ref;
To post an image here, see this page...
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum
After you've taken the screen shot/s...
Reduce it/them to around 600 x 500 or so in your favourite image editor, (Be sure to remove any personal info.)
& upload them to your favourite image hosting site.
eg: > > http://postimages.org/

Using "postimages.org",
0/. Upload your image.
1/. Select > from the "Do not resize" drop down, 640 x 480.
2/. No expiration. (Leave as default or as you require.
3/. Choose > Images to upload.
3a/. After the image/s have been uploaded.
4/. Select > Hot Link for Forum.
5/. Paste that link in your forum thread.

&/or...Select the code listed as "Forum Thumbnail", copy the code and paste it in
the thread where you reported your problem.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
therube

Post by therube »

thinking we are not using the same release
You are not.
Bruce is on the old, FF 56, which likely does not have they type of option (unless provided by extension).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
firebill

Post by firebill »

Sorry for missing that, in re-reading I see the indicators

Here is a the screen shot for 67.0.2 for those it may help (thanks to LIMPET235) either red circled way is working as of this writing.

videobruce

Post by videobruce »

Not even close.
I'm using v56, no such entry. Just as Opera v12.18 Classic was the last Opera version I would use, v56 will be the last FF version. The post teenager, toy phone look doesn't cut it with me. I would use SM, but that doesn't have "Simplify Page" in print preview.

Anyway, with what you posted, I got a idea to look at Ghostery & U Block Origin. U Block showed 2 entries that were being blocked.. I disabled it for that domain, reloaded the page correctly and a3rd entry showed (but not blocked. They apparently made another change (breaking something that wasn't) causing the lame meaningless error message to appear which had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the problem.
Must be more rejects from M$ writing for whomever handles their web site.

I don't know what was worse, all of the above, or their CSR's that were clueless about the problem. :roll:
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

BTW, that was the same deal with SM.
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
firebill

Post by firebill »

videobruce - Sorry for the version mismatch on my part - totally respect your version preference, I hope you were not thinking I was trying to get you to change. Just trying to articulate what worked for me.

At least it gave you an idea for a fix -- Bill
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

That's ok, I should of specified which version I was running. :oops:
Many times when one ones responds to someones question, the reply is based on assumptions that the asker should know what the responder is talking about. Command lines, especially related to Linux is a perfect example. :wink:

FWIW; the three 'domains' involved were;
mtb.com
moneydesktop.com
omtrdc.net
Only the first two showed in the list when uBlock was active, the 3rd showed when it was disabled in this site. The last is "Adobe Experience Cloud". Not having a problem before, I don't know what was changed and/or added since I never looked.
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Manheim2

Post by Manheim2 »

therube: the link you gave: https://onlinebanking.mtb.com/Login/MTBSignOn is not working in my 60.7.2esr version as well. However, if I use Internet Explorer 11, I have no problem logging into my M&T account. Seems that some of the newer Quantum versions are having issues being able to log into some websites. Until I updated to the Quantum 60.7.2esr version from the Quantum 60.7.0esr version, I had no issue logging into my M&T account using Firefox. So for those who may have a MTB Account (aka M &T account), a temporary workaround would be to use Internet Explorer 11 until Firefox resolves the problem using it in the newer Quantum versions.
Manheim2

Post by Manheim2 »

For those interested, M&T Online Banking is now up and running properly.
tonemgub

Post by tonemgub »

I've had this problem for over 3 weeks. Their official tech support says "Use IE11" (Doesn't even work in Edge on Windows 10).
As of this morning it is not running properly (again), > "M&T Online Banking is temporarily unavailable."

If they continue to suck this much I will seriously consider changing banks.
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

FWIW, its been ok with FF v56 AND v52esr as well as SM.
IIRC, I was initially told that Idiot Exploiter DIDN'T work. :roll:

Are you running any tracking blockers like Ghostery or ad blockers? The problem here was Ghostery. After I set it to 'trust site' the problem disappeared.