Skype doesn't work. [Solved.]

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
MomAries

Skype doesn't work. [Solved.]

Post by MomAries »

Hello, everyone, I have a problem and hoping you can help me. I have a latest version of Skype 8.58 but when I clicked on the icon all I have is a spinning circle. So I can not even sign in. Does anybody else have this problem?? What can go wrong; why am I having this trouble?

Earlier I was able to open up. Today I have this issue. Also I noticed that my Skype is continuously "kicked out" of my computer. I am prompted to install every time I am trying to use. This is weird!!

Is there a solution to this? I have friends and relatives I want to communicate with, but it seems like I am constantly offline, and no one can contact me on Skype. :(
I tried to install an earlier version 7.39 but was forced to update as not supportable. So, I reinstalled Skype 8.58, but it's still only a spinning circle... I can't sign in. ](*,)
Thanks a bunch for your help in advance.
P.S. I installed Skype for Firefox, and Skype for Edge. Neither one works. :( My Firefox (default browser) is up to date.
Last edited by LIMPET235 on March 30th, 2020, 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [Solved.] to the title.
Many thanks to all the folks who help me with my problems.
MomAries

Re: Skype doesn't work

Post by MomAries »

MomAries wrote:Hello, everyone, I have a problem and hoping you can help me. I have a latest version of Skype 8.58 but when I clicked on the icon all I have is a spinning circle. So I can not even sign in. Does anybody else have this problem?? What can go wrong; why am I having this trouble?

Earlier I was able to open up. Today I have this issue. Also I noticed that my Skype is continuously "kicked out" of my computer. I am prompted to install every time I am trying to use. This is weird!!

Is there a solution to this? I have friends and relatives I want to communicate with, but it seems like I am constantly offline, and no one can contact me on Skype. :(
I tried to install an earlier version 7.39 but was forced to update as not supportable. So, I reinstalled Skype 8.58, but it's still only a spinning circle... I can't sign in. ](*,)
Thanks a bunch for your help in advance.
P.S. I installed Skype for Firefox, and Skype for Edge. Neither one works. :( My Firefox (default browser) is up to date.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I thought I would let your users know what I did to make Skype working: 1) I uninstalled Skype using Revo Uninstaller (note: not via Control Panel); 2) activated Windows 10 updates, 3) rebooted my computer.
Skype is working now.
Many thanks to all the folks who help me with my problems.
DanRaisch

Re: Skype doesn't work

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to MozillaZine Tech as this is not a Firefox or Mozilla issue.