question about a web page

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
reble

question about a web page

Post by reble »

I was looking for info about Sim City 2k for DOS. I found a web page of ready made Sim City, city''s each in there own zip file's. When I click on the zip file to download it. The download didn't start. Instead a 2nd Firefox window opens up. The 2nd window is a white blank page. Then a Firefox sign in window opens. Asking for my user name and password. I didn't enter my user name or password. Instead I screen captured that sign in box. See the Dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxdmcyic6kx6g ... n.jpg?dl=0 It makes me wonder, is there something stinky in Denmark here, so I am making this post. BTW I have been stung bad in the past, that's why I am questing this now.
kreemoweet

Re: question about a web page

Post by kreemoweet »

You've never run into a website that requires you to login before you download something from the site?
Very common, indeed.
reble

Post by reble »

`Yes I have run into web pages that require me to sign in. But the web page downloads where I had to sign into. I 1st had to register with before I could sign in and do any download's. This web page I just stumbled on while I was looking for a MS-DOS hex editor that was designed for SimCity 2k MS-DOS version. And the MS-DOS hex editor also had to be combatable with DosBox. It took a lot of hunting to find this old hex editor. There are a lot of look alike phonys out there to sift trrough. Anyways like I said I stumbled on this web page. I didn't ask if I could download the zip files. The main page that I stumbled on has no restrictions. So there it is.

Steve
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to MozillaZine Tech as this seem to have nothing to do with Firefox.
reble

Post by reble »

DanRaisch. It does have something to do with Firefox. I was using Firefox browser when this incident took place.
DanRaisch wrote:Moving to MozillaZine Tech as this seem to have nothing to do with Firefox.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

reble wrote:DanRaisch. It does have something to do with Firefox. I was using Firefox browser when this incident took place.
Try another browser then and see if the problem happen there as well. If it does then you'll know if it's a website issue.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Frank Lion wrote:Try another browser then and see if the problem happen there as well. If it does then you'll know if it's a website issue.
Thanks, Frank. That was going to be my question.