78.4.0esr: browser & my bank don't communicate well

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
SteelyDon

78.4.0esr: browser & my bank don't communicate well

Post by SteelyDon »

I downloaded it two days ago. I applied for a credit card, and all went well until the final step when I SENT the application and all its data. I got a #020001 error code saying: "Ooops! Something went wrong at our end."
However, the application HAD gone through (as my email proved,) but the bank's response was not able to get through, so to speak, thus the error. Could this have something to do with permissions or other security settings blocking the particular sort of response they were trying to send? What say ye?
Thanks for any wisdom.
DanRaisch

Re: 78.4.0esr: browser & my bank don't communicate well

Post by DanRaisch »

You were working on a web site and got an error message. To what e-mail are referring?
SteelyDon

Post by SteelyDon »

Sorry it's unclear. I was making application for a credit card. The error message indicated that there was an error regarding the message when I finally hit SEND. I tried again, same response. Later, when I checked email, I had mail from the bank saying that the application had been accepted (twice!!) so it seems that my application had indeed gone through but something prevented their system from advising my browser that it had worked, and instead I got the error message, instead of receiving something like "Thank you for your application, we'll be in touch."

Now, when I try to verify the account, I get the same #020001 error code saying: "Ooops! Something went wrong at our end." Something prevents the browser and their system from making that final communication when I submit info. I'm not very techie, but I wonder if it is permissions or settings not being adequate for whatever the protocol are for secure transmission, but I know only slightly more about these things than my dog does.

I should add that it's Windows 7 OS.
therube

Post by therube »

And to be clear, this is in 78.4.0 & not in 38.0?

Are you using Private Browsing?
Extensions?
Have you set "higher" (built-in) blocking abilities, different from FF's defaults?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
SteelyDon

Post by SteelyDon »

'Average' settings. 78.4.0esr.

I think it perhaps really IS on their end. I downloaded VIvaldi, same response. I tried Edge on wife's W10 laptop, same thing.

Thanks for the replies.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Well, that error message was sort of suggesting that it was on the provider's end from the start. Moving to MozillaZine Tech as the issue is effecting all tested browsers.