Ubuntu 7.04/ 7.10 / 8.04/ 8.10 - After Installation Tips.

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
ekmon1582
Folder@Home

Post by ekmon1582 »

What do I right click?
"You need to hide your money. So do what I do. I take my money and put it in the stock market... The next day it's gone, and no one knows where it is." - David Letterman
www.getfirefox.com
earther

Post by earther »

The CD/DVD burner icon in My Computer
ekmon1582
Folder@Home

Post by ekmon1582 »

OK this is the window I get, what do I click?

"You need to hide your money. So do what I do. I take my money and put it in the stock market... The next day it's gone, and no one knows where it is." - David Letterman
www.getfirefox.com
earther

Post by earther »

What are the options in the dropdown?
ekmon1582
Folder@Home

Post by ekmon1582 »

www.getfirefox.com
frcan

Post by frcan »

ekmon - Just a thought, did you burn an ISO CD, or are you trying to make a Live CD out of an ordinary one?
ekmon1582
Folder@Home

Post by ekmon1582 »

I already burned myself a LiveCD before hand, now I've downloaded Ubuntu 7.10, not the LiveCD version, and once I get my CD drive working so I can access my CD, I'll burn an image of the original.
www.getfirefox.com
frcan

Post by frcan »

Sorry, was just a silly thought :oops:
ekmon1582
Folder@Home

Post by ekmon1582 »

:lol: no worries.
www.getfirefox.com
earther

Post by earther »

ekmon1582 wrote:I already burned myself a LiveCD before hand, now I've downloaded Ubuntu 7.10, not the LiveCD version, and once I get my CD drive working so I can access my CD, I'll burn an image of the original.
You should be able to install from the LiveCD. An option should appear on your desktop once you've booted it. Click the install option and go! Of course, you can do it with a text install (alternate disk) also.
earther

Post by earther »

ekmon1582 wrote:Image
Now I'm totally confused. If I remember correctly, I always checked the "Take no action" option. In any case, I think that a disk that is formatted to autorun should do so regardless of the options you choose.
ekmon1582
Folder@Home

Post by ekmon1582 »

I don't know, but every time I set it to "take no action" it resets itself, after I click apply and OK. Also... when I insert a CD, nothing happens, it doesn't even show up in my computer (maybe I should make a thread on this in tech).
www.getfirefox.com
earther

Post by earther »

Did you try double clicking the icon to open it?
ekmon1582
Folder@Home

Post by ekmon1582 »

Yep, it's empty.
www.getfirefox.com
earther

Post by earther »

What does it say under "devices"? Is there a little yellow triangle in front of that drive indicating that something is amiss? If so (and maybe anyway), I would try unistalling the driver and rebooting. It should automagically reinstall the correct driver.

Can you read any disk? Or is it just one in particular?