How to add more space under the bookmarks toolbar in FF57 ??

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
salam2009

How to add more space under the bookmarks toolbar in FF57 ??

Post by salam2009 »

Hi guys,
I'm using a code in userChrome that puts the address bar back on top while the tabs bar beneath it.
The problem is that the bookmarks toolbar now shows directly on top of the tabs bar without being separated in an enough space, which sometimes makes me press a bookmark by mistake when I move between my tabs!
I tried using the "Flexible Space" item from 'Customize' option but it can't be put under the bookmarks toolbar.
Is there some code that I can use in userChrome to resolve this issue?
Your tips are appreciated as always.
Thanks a lot for any help!
Gingerbread Man

Re: How to add more space under the bookmarks toolbar in FF5

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Hello,

If I understood correctly, you want to add some padding at the bottom of the Bookmarks Toolbar. If the toolbar is actually overlapping the tab bar, ask the author of your "Tabs on bottom" style to fix it. Add this to your userChrome.css and remember to restart Firefox. Change the number value to whatever you prefer.

Code: Select all

#PersonalToolbar { padding-bottom: 10px !important; }
therube

Post by therube »

That works.

Next questions I'm thinking...

How to increase the size of the text/icons showing on the Personal Toolbar ?
How to center or add some padding above/below items on the Personal Toolbar ?

And then after that...

How to move the Personal Toolbar above the Tab Bar, below the URL bar ?
So you have: URL | Personal | Tabs.

(Looks like that is going to be the "default" layout. Some code I looked at yesterday must have done something different?)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
salam2009

Post by salam2009 »

Gingerbread Man wrote:Hello,

If I understood correctly, you want to add some padding at the bottom of the Bookmarks Toolbar. If the toolbar is actually overlapping the tab bar, ask the author of your "Tabs on bottom" style to fix it. Add this to your userChrome.css and remember to restart Firefox. Change the number value to whatever you prefer.

Code: Select all

#PersonalToolbar { padding-bottom: 10px !important; }
Dude, you just saved my life! :)
One more thing please, what's the code that change tabs to squared view? And also the one for "Tabs on bottom"? Cause mine was taken from CTR addon which is too long & probably have extra unneeded lines for my needs.
Thanks a lot for your amazing efforts!
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

You're welcome.

I'm not sure what you mean by square tabs since tabs are rectangular by default now. Do you want regular tabs to look like pinned tabs?

The author of Classic Theme Restorer has a user style repository. Check it out for tabs-on-bottom (tabs_below*.css). Also see Timvde's repository. Also, userChrome.org was recently launched but I'm not seeing any styles there (or maybe the site is just poorly designed and they're not easy to find).
salam2009

Post by salam2009 »

Gingerbread Man wrote:You're welcome.

I'm not sure what you mean by square tabs since tabs are rectangular by default now. Do you want regular tabs to look like pinned tabs?

The author of Classic Theme Restorer has a user style repository. Check it out for tabs-on-bottom (tabs_below*.css). Also see Timvde's repository. Also, userChrome.org was recently launched but I'm not seeing any styles there (or maybe the site is just poorly designed and they're not easy to find).
Okay, I got everything I need.
Thanks again for the great tips :)