Need help diagnosing why FF57 64bit says it needs adobe flas

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
metalman228

Need help diagnosing why FF57 64bit says it needs adobe flas

Post by metalman228 »

Hi everyone, i am setting up a new windows 7 pro laptop and installed FF like on my desktop and of course it is the newest, 57.0 and when on FaceBook and trying to watch certain videos(when you click on the video it opens a new section like when you view photos) it says i need adobe flash, which I installed, but the video still says i need flash to work, (like it was not installed) There is no button to enable flash and on other sites video works fine and while using FB "most" videos play fine. When i go to adobe flash check it says it need to be enabled and i set it to enable and always on but the video still wont play. Please help me figure this out or FF will be useless to me. I have a screenshot of the issue, and it will show when you go to FB were the problem areas are, a but i dont know how to add screenshots to this post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DanRaisch

Re: Need help diagnosing why FF57 64bit says it needs adobe

Post by DanRaisch »

When i go to adobe flash check it says it need to be enabled and i set it to enable and always on but the video still wont play.
How and where did you enable Flash? In Firefox?
James

Post by James »

You can type about:plugins in the Location (address) bar to see if you have Flash Player on system and what version. note the :

https://addons.mozilla.org/blocked/
27.0.0.159 and older versions are soft blocked as click to play.

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
Make sure you have the NPAPI version as Firefox does not use the ActiveX or PPAPI versions. Also make sure you uncheck any extras it selects before download (for Windows version only).

Also Facebook may be using the HTML5 player as to why some videos work.
Happy112

Post by Happy112 »

In Firefox menu => Options => Add-ons => Plugins

Would you please make sure that Shockwave Flash is set to 'Always Activate' ?
metalman228

Post by metalman228 »

Shockwave is set to always on, but i think the issue is not FF, but the Iphone6 that i used to take the video. It updated the OS just before i took the video in question as all other videos on FB and other sites plays fine. I will have to take some more vids wit phone and see what happens.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

metalman228 wrote:Hi everyone, <snip>...and when on FaceBook and trying to watch certain videos(when you click on the video it opens a new section like when you view photos) it says i need adobe flash, which I installed,.....</snip>
Hi,
Why did you respond to the pop up to install Flash from the site?
That is the best way to get infected.

If any program needs updating, it's always best to go to the authors/creators site & see if an update is available.
This applies especially to Flash.
----------------------------------------
Thanks for the reply re; your iPhone6 updating & may be the actual cause of the error.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
James

Post by James »

metalman228 wrote:Shockwave is set to always on,
Note calling it Shockwave refers to a different Plugin from Adobe called Shockwave (for Director) Player that is used for some games or education stuff and not used much no9wdays. The "Shockwave Flash" is the old name for "Flash Player".