How do I tell waht ver FF I have?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

How do I tell waht ver FF I have?

Post by 3315 »

Hi,

How do I tell what ver FF I have?

Hamburgers don't show ver, looked all over couldn't find, "normal place" is not there any more.

Please advise.

smsmith

Re: How do I tell waht ver FF I have?

Post by smsmith »

Help -> About Firefox should still show the installed version number.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Be careful using help->about:firefox that will trigger an update unless you have successfully disabled updates.

Better is to use: about:support
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Better is to use: about:support
Enter that (about:support) into the location bar and press Enter.

Post by 3315 »

Hi,

Thanks for telling me that "Mozilla is an Intellectually Dishonest org. Using HELP has been a STANDARD for decades. Who changed it?
Be careful using help->about:firefox that will trigger an update unless you have successfully disabled updates.

OK, how do I go back to an earlier version?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

"Mozilla is an Intellectually Dishonest org. Using HELP has been a STANDARD for decades. Who changed it?
No one here said that and Help->About... still works. It's been tied to the update trigger for quite some time.
OK, how do I go back to an earlier version?
See this thread -- http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3035378

Post by 3315 »

DanRaisch,

I did not say anyone on this forum was "Intellectual Dishonest" I said Mozilla/FF the brand was. It's a separate entity. I've been using FF since it first came out. Updates always gave me the option to download w/o installing. Download and/installing just because I looked to see what the version of the browser is "Intellectually Dishonest" by the fact that it happened no matter what one thinks.

Ive done some searching the net for some way to download my passwords & learned ver 57 does not allow that. I have hundreds of
passworded accts along with questions & their responses, plus all the other stuff the multitude of stuf that's 30yr of busn internet usage.
Those are secured in encrypted vaulit on my pc. The none sensitive ones are store in firefox with no way to get them out.

Can I go back to an older ffVer? Ive saved my current passwords with MOZ BU. Just a little guidance will help.

Regards

DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I'd suggest that you download an older version of Firefox such as 52ESR. Install it in a separate directory structure from the currently installed version 57. Then copy over you current profile to the version 52 profile. See if you can export your passwords using the legacy extension Password Exporter.

http://download-origin.cdn.mozilla.net/ ... 52.0.2esr/
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _-_Firefox
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Did we forget that with the release of Firefox 55,
Firefox does not support downgrades, even though this may have worked in past versions. Users who install Firefox 55+ and later downgrade to an earlier version may experience issues with Firefox.
Ref: Firefox 55.0 Release Notes
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

WaltS48 wrote:Did we forget that with the release of Firefox 55
Did we forget that some of us who write the articles for the Knowledge Base do actually know what we're talking about? ;)

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14765039
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

Post by 3315 »

Hi,

Thanks for all the great tech info for delving into the bowels of FF 57. I placed most of it inc links into EN so I can study & refer to it as needed.

I have a Desktop which duplicates my Laptop in every respect. I exported my pswds from FF 55 7. I decided to suffer thru FF57's anomalies and use it, because surely new extensions, add-ons & pswrd imp/exp, will be developed for it. My FF browser has been a very nice, efficient, effective business tool in my business tool chest, on par with the 60 yr old Craftsman screwdriver in my shop.

Mostly I use FF for researching a plethora of business, govt, info mgmt, healthcare, big pharma, politics... FF57 surly will work fine for those chores. I learn while using it and probably come up with a work around or two.