synced issue

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
tonino2424

synced issue

Post by tonino2424 »

I am trying to sync my devices so that they are all the same. For some reason, I am not getting all of my bookmarks, just a few. Where are the bookmarks synced from because some have all of them and some dont. How can i solve this issue? thx

How do i make a fresh copy of synced options so they will be the same on all my devices. It appears the option it is currently getting is incorrect, hence the reason for a new set is needed.
tonino2424

Re: synced issue

Post by tonino2424 »

some help plz. TIA
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

See if there is any useful information here:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... g-and-tips
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
tonino2424

Post by tonino2424 »

Where is the sync image stored? I need to know where it is so i can replace the image that my devices my devices (PC, laptop and and android phone) get the image from. I believe i need to disconnect all my devices except one, on the connected device will make a new image to where that image is stored and then connect the other devices so i will get a corrected mirror image on all my devices? If i am wrong about that plz explain exactly how to accomplish what i am trying to do?
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

The "image" is "stored" on an encrypted mozila server.

You could try disconnecting all devices except the one you consider the master device (i.e., has all the information you feel is missing) and then reconnecting the other devices, or you could create a new sync account and connect all the devices to the new account.

Also, on each device, make sure the sync options are correct for what you want to sync. You can choose bookmarks, passwords, history, open tabs, etc. Perhaps one the devices that aren't properly syncing, you have turned off that data stream. If the settings are correct, try turning that setting off, perform a manual sync, then turn it back on and sync again.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

What type of device seems to be missing some bookmarks?

i.e., Mobile (smart phone or tablet) vs. Desktop / Laptop

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
tonino2424

Post by tonino2424 »

the-edmeister wrote:What type of device seems to be missing some bookmarks?

i.e., Mobile (smart phone or tablet) vs. Desktop / Laptop

my mobile android phone. How do i do it plz?
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

You're not going to get all the bookmarks from a desktop / laptop device to sync to a mobile device, if that is what your are expecting to happen.

I don't have a smart phone or tablet, so I have no idea what the parameters are for what doesn't get synced to a mobile device.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
tonino2424

Post by tonino2424 »

ok, nevermind...thx