Replacement for Colorful Tabs?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Flycaster

Replacement for Colorful Tabs?

Post by Flycaster »

In previous versions of FF, I was enjoying the use of a great tab manager (something Tabs +). But, as FF rapidly changed, this tab manager no longer worked and I started using Colorful Tabs; not as good as Tabs+, but did liven up the browsing experience. Now I find that after updating to FF 60.0.0.1, Colorful Tabs appears to be having a sh*tfit and is no longer working correctly. When opening a group of tabs at once (as I normally do,) the tabs will be colored but there is a scrolling effect that continually loops through the tabs in the toolbar without opening any tabs. Furthermore, one can't open a selected tab. Wound up deleting it and am now looking for something comparable. Any suggestions?
Windows 11, FF Latest, Edge v94, Thunderbird Latest, Defender
LIMPET235

Re: Replacement for Colorful Tabs?

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi FC,
Take a look at this one...
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search
Might be a suitable replacement...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi FC,
Take a look at this one...
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search
Might be a suitable replacement...
Hey Limpet, thanks. The add-on does jazz things up a bit, but perhaps too much. The colors are much too over saturated and thus appear to be rather glaring. Would like to contact the author and ask him to tone down the colors, but couldn't find out how to contact him???
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi FC,
Sorry, but it appears that there's no contact info on the D/L site that I can see.
Still, the info on the extension says that the colours can be configured/toned down some what.
See if there's any options to do that?
Are there any kind of "sliders or drop downs" available?

Never used anything like this so......Cannot help much.
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

I have no idea what is happening, but I just reloaded "Colorful Tabs-32.5," and it is working now. Must be a new and fixed version.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Mmmm, Interesting.
Have you checked the site for any kind of update info?
Yep.
It was updated yesterday.....err, the 22nd.

Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

Yeah, just updated 5/23/18.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Glad that you're back in business.

Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

Business is failing again. Colorful Tabs (updated 5/23/18) was working for a while, and then reverted to looping through the tabs on the tab bar, never stopping at one site, not allowing one to select a site from its tab. I don't think it is a problem from FF as when I delete all tabs but one and then open bookmark tabs one at a time, there is no looping??? I think the problem may lie with CT, itself??? Tried to notify the author, but couldn't get a contact for him/her.

I'm back to Tab Colors, which is working well, but the colors rendered are very over-saturated and very glaring. Would like to desaturate the colors, but couldn't find an author's contact???
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi FC,
Well, there's a Support link for CT v32.5, on the left hand side in the MORE INFORMATION section.
It leads to here...
> https://www.addongenie.com/forums/forum/colorfultabs
Perhaps if you posted your query there?
A search of their forum may bring a result.

&, As for your other question re; changing/toning down the colors in the Tab Colors extension...
"Sorry, but it appears that there's no contact info on the D/L site that I can see."

AFAIK, The creator/author usually include the above SUPPORT link on the Addons site.
If it ain't there, then .......?

Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

Well, this morning I figured I'd give CT 32.5 a chance to redeem itself. I disabled Tab Colors (which was working well and BTW, I did drop them a line about reducing the over-saturation of its colors) and enabled CT. Lo and behold, it's working again.

Only real critique I have about CT is that if the tab bar is more than one line, you can't rearrange the tabs' positions. For example, when there are two lines of tabs and you try to drag a tab from position 4 to the end of the tabs on the second line (or any other position,) the tab will be positioned as the first tab on the first line of tabs.
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

Ah, the never ending story... This morning, on start up, CT32.5 started looping again as soon as I loaded a group of tabs. However, I re-started FF and loaded the group of tabs again, CT32.5 worked fine. So, for the moment, I continue to use CT over TC because of the latter's glaring colors. And, I'll join CT's forum to see what they have to say.

EDIT:
CT is back to looping. back to TC until the looping is fixed. Also, went to recommended TC site (see above,) but couldn't figure out how to register???