Closing link moves to next tab not previous.[Solved]

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Aristophenes

Closing link moves to next tab not previous.[Solved]

Post by Aristophenes »

Hi Folks,problem as stated in the title,and it's a royal pain in the backside.

Windows 7 Firefox 60 64bit

Let's say I have a window with 15 or 20 tabs,all for completely different sites,with tab 7 for example being Lamborghini,and tab 8 Microsoft.

I open a link from the Lamborghini site in a new tab,to the right,adjacent to its parent tab,have a look round it,then close that tab,and it always,without fail then opens the next tab (Microsoft),rather than the original Lamborghini 'parent' tab. I'm obviously not remotely interested in going to the Microsoft tab,when I'm looking for car information

There doesn't appear to be anything out there in terms of firefox settings,or tab related extensions,including Tree Style Tab,that can force firefox to behave as I'd like it to,ie: in what I believe to be a logical manner. All options,settings etc. have been tried,without success.

I'm well aware this can be overridden with movement of the cursor and a couple of clicks,but in 2018 that really shouldn't be a requirement in what Mozilla claim is "the latest,greatest browser on the planet". It often seems I'm back browsing in 2004....or even earlier.
Last edited by LIMPET235 on June 24th, 2018, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: A little bit of Title editing & [Solved]
Aristophenes

Re: Closing a link always moves to next tab,rather than prev

Post by Aristophenes »

Phewww...Finally found exactly what I needed. An addon called Select After Closing Current 3.0,created by jingyu9575.

Huge thanks to jingyu9575,and to LIMIT for providing the link.

Tried to add (Solved) to end of original subject header,though it appears that can't be done here,but doesn't matter anyway.

NB: Select After Closing 3.0 functions brilliantly in Firefox 60.1 64bit,but doesn't work here in 60.2,so I've obviously gone back to 60.1.

Thank you LIMPET235
Last edited by Aristophenes on June 26th, 2018, 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIMPET235

Re: Closing link moves to next tab not previous.[Solved]

Post by LIMPET235 »

I edited the title & added [Solved] for you.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)