e-mail viewed in broswer generates multiple browswer tabs

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
buridon

e-mail viewed in broswer generates multiple browswer tabs

Post by buridon »

Some e-mails include an option to "View e-mail in browser".
When I do so, Firefox opens each link and image in the e-mail in a new tab, and eventually just a blank page.
How do I stop the separate tabs from opening and show the e-mail as one page? There is an option somewhere (I've fixed the problem before) but since the last update I can't find it.
therube

Re: e-mail viewed in broswer generates multiple browswer tab

Post by therube »

Emails where? From where?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

buridon wrote:Some e-mails include an option to "View e-mail in browser".
When I do so, Firefox opens each link and image in the e-mail in a new tab, and eventually just a blank page.
How do I stop the separate tabs from opening and show the e-mail as one page? There is an option somewhere (I've fixed the problem before) but since the last update I can't find it.
If you are viewing an e-mail in the Firefox web-browser and your web mail provider offers to "View e-mail in browser" - that seems nonsensical. "View ... in browser" when you are using a "browser".

Are you opening those e-mails in Firefox?
Or an e-mail application such as Thunderbird?
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

This might not be relevant, but if you are running Microsoft Office Outlook and using the "View in Browser" link or menu item: This feature generates an MHTML file which is best viewed in Internet Explorer. Firefox 57+ doesn't have any add-ons that support that format.