How Do I Remove FF Restriction in about:config?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
zlaer

How Do I Remove FF Restriction in about:config?

Post by zlaer »

I'm trying to remove a restriction in ff in about:config by using 'privacy.resistFingerprinting.block_mozAddonManager' and clearing 'extensions.webextensions.restrictedDomains'. But sadly this doesnt work in lifting the restriction. Any ideas?
Gingerbread Man

Re: How Do I Remove FF Restriction in about:config?

Post by Gingerbread Man »

privacy.resistFingerprinting.block_mozAddonManager should be a boolean preference set to true
extensions.webextensions.restrictedDomains is a string preference comprised of comma-separated domains. Remove the ones where you want add-ons to run (and the trailing comma).

If you've already done that, and restarted Firefox afterwards, then odds are the site in question prevents scripts from running via the CSP header. For example, Violentmonkey has this problem, but Greasemonkey doesn't.
If this isn't a problem with a user script, then as a workaround you could try editing the CSP header with an add-on like Header Editor. Other than that, I don't think there's anything to do but wait for bug 1267027 to be fixed. It was supposed to be fixed in Firefox 58, so who knows when it'll finally get done.
zlaer

Re: How Do I Remove FF Restriction in about:config?

Post by zlaer »

Gingerbread Man wrote:privacy.resistFingerprinting.block_mozAddonManager should be a boolean preference set to true
extensions.webextensions.restrictedDomains is a string preference comprised of comma-separated domains. Remove the ones where you want add-ons to run (and the trailing comma).

If you've already done that, and restarted Firefox afterwards, then odds are the site in question prevents scripts from running via the CSP header. For example, Violentmonkey has this problem, but Greasemonkey doesn't.
If this isn't a problem with a user script, then as a workaround you could try editing the CSP header with an add-on like Header Editor. Other than that, I don't think there's anything to do but wait for bug 1267027 to be fixed. It was supposed to be fixed in Firefox 58, so who knows when it'll finally get done.
Thats strange because I was able to theme restricted sites in my previous ff before I reinstalled it with the same version!!! the addon, Dark Reader, fails to theme restricted sites. But Dark Background and Light Text themes it. Is there a code in that addon that can be applied to Dark Reader?