Did anyone's problems get fixed with v89.0.1?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Mudder

Did anyone's problems get fixed with v89.0.1?

Post by Mudder »

I use the portable one from John Haller, when presented with the PortableApps d/l dialogue today I just unchecked it, so FF main is still frelled for me,
will post screencaps and my userChrome.css in a day or two. Don't know where I went wrong. Getting by for now with the ESR that's stock at v78.11, of course, being in 'stock' condition, tabs are at the top, not where I like them, below the address bar, but getting my work done despite that.
I really want to fix the main, so far all I've ever done is copy & paste the offered code AFAIK it should work but isn't.

Did anyone else get FF v89.0.1 within the last few days and notice any changes/improvements?
Ashleyj

Re: Did anyone's problems get fixed with v89.0.1?

Post by Ashleyj »

Mudder wrote:Did anyone else get FF v89.0.1 within the last few days and notice any changes/improvements?
I think just about everyone noticed the changes that came with FF89 - not sure anyone would actually say there have been any improvements though. As for anyone's problems getting fixed, I think it actually created more problems for the majority of users.

From what I have seen the developers have made a complete balls-up of the UI with the Proton release. They are trying to make it look like Chrome and in doing so alienating a lot of their core users
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

Silvio J. Romero

Post by Silvio J. Romero »

Life since 89 has not been good. It reverts to default mode on opening and I have to guess where the menu bar is to change the theme. I do that daily. I just installed 89.0.1 and the results are the same. I have never used Chrome, so the references to Chrome are alien to me.
S. Romero
Mudder

Post by Mudder »

jscher2000 wrote:89.0.1 has very limited changes: https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/89.0.1/releasenotes/
So, still stuck with the mess v89 is. Getting stuff done with ESR, will return to muggleing with the main FF on the weekend.
Thank You all for responding.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Silvio J. Romero wrote:Life since 89 has not been good. It reverts to default mode on opening and I have to guess where the menu bar is to change the theme. I do that daily. I just installed 89.0.1 and the results are the same. I have never used Chrome, so the references to Chrome are alien to me.
Why use the Menu bar when you can use the Menu button, or the key combination Ctrl+Shift+A to open the Add-ons Manager?

References to Chrome are also alien to me.

I just browse using Firefox Nightly 90.0a1.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
Silvio J. Romero

Why use the Menu bar when you can use the Menu button, or the key combination Ctrl+Shift+A to open the Add-ons Manager?

Because I did not know that. I guess I have relied on the mouse too long.

Still, something need fixing. Thanks.
S. Romero
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Silvio J. Romero wrote:Why use the Menu bar when you can use the Menu button, or the key combination Ctrl+Shift+A to open the Add-ons Manager?

Because I did not know that. I guess I have relied on the mouse too long.

Still, something need fixing. Thanks.

Your on windows, just use the ALT key, no fancy key strokes needed.
Silvio J. Romero

The theme problem I had with 89.x carried over to 90.0 x64. Firefox defaults to its own ill conceived theme and rejects the one I installed from Themes.

Every time I start Firefox I have to re-enable my theme. WaltS48 suggestion of the Ctrl+Shift+A keys works perfectly, but I should not have to do that every day.

Any suggestions?
S. Romero