Plugin to mimic old RSS support (found)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
slickrcbd

Plugin to mimic old RSS support (found)

Post by slickrcbd »

Are there any plugins that mimic how seamless the old built-in RSS support was in Firefox?
Basically something that brings back the deleted feature?

Key parts are the ability to click on an RSS link and it will open properly without having to subscribe, and also an indicator on the icon to let me know if there is a hidden RSS feed that I can subscribe to.

Finally, I'd like to be able to open my "updates fics" RSS on TTH that I bookmarked 15 years ago.
https://www.tthfanfic.org/rss.php?track ... 5032657060
Last edited by slickrcbd on September 19th, 2021, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
therube

Re: Plugin to mimic old RSS support

Post by therube »

Have you searched the Addons Site?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
slickrcbd

Post by slickrcbd »

I've looked, and there are a hundred RSS reader plugins, but after trying 5 that acted as if they were a stand-alone RSS reader that just ran using Firefox as a shell, i thought I'd ask instead of having to test each one.

Classic case of data vs information, or separating the wheat from the chaff.
I figured somebody else missed the built-in RSS reader and knew off the top of their heads one that mimicked the deleted features.
jcostello

Post by jcostello »

slickrcbd

Re: Plugin to mimic old RSS support (solved)

Post by slickrcbd »

Thank you, I only tested it on my RSS feed on Twisting the Hellmouth for the stories I'm tracking, but that looks like what I was looking for.
Sorry, busy all day, not much of a chance to use the computer.