Tab Title Hovering

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
charscot

Tab Title Hovering

Post by charscot »

Just updated to 96.0.2 and for some reason the titles on my tabs are now hovering at the top of the tab instead of being centred, leaving a large space below the writing and the text out of alignment with the favicons.

I tried troubleshoot with all add ons disabled and it was corrected but when I then went and disabled the add ons in groups I got to the point where all the add ons were disabled but the text hadn't gone back to it's proper position weirdly.

So with no idea what add on, if any, caused this has anyone got any css suggestions for fixing this please ?

Many thanks
Cheers

Rich
dickvl

Re: Tab Title Hovering

Post by dickvl »

Are you using code in userChrome.css that could be causing this ?
https://www.userchrome.org/what-is-userchrome-css.html

Do you have "Density => Compact Mode" enabled ?
charscot

Post by charscot »

Have tried it with compact mode enabled and disabled, no change to the text location.

Can't see anything in the userChrome that could be having this effect, that was why I was hoping there was something I could add to correct this (or someone could confirm it is a known issue that may be fixed in time)
Cheers

Rich
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Does this still happen if you disable (rename) your userChrome.css ?

Is there code in the file for the tabs or tab bar ?
BobbyPhoenix

Post by BobbyPhoenix »

The screen image you gave doesn't look like the default theme as the default is grey, so if you're using a theme, try changing it back to default to see if that's it.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
charscot

Post by charscot »

Still happens with userChrome.css renamed

There is code for the tabs and tab bar but nothing that should affect it this way

Changed the theme back to default but still no change.

Thanks all for the help, looks like I am stuck with this as no apparent solution, thanks anyway.
Cheers

Rich
charscot

Post by charscot »

Ok, after spending a few more days hating the tabs I decided to have another look at the userChrome.css as clearly it had to be something in there and I found it.

So for future reference if anyone else ever has the same problem the solution is to remove the following code from userChrome.css

/* free some space below content */
#main-window:not([chromehidden*="toolbar"]):not([sizemode="fullscreen"]) #browser-bottombox {
margin-bottom: calc( var(--addonbar_height) - 1px);
}

Thanks again to all who helped :-)
Cheers

Rich