Sites Like Instagram & Reddit Freeze Up

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
zlaer

Sites Like Instagram & Reddit Freeze Up

Post by zlaer »

Hi guys.. so when i go into some sites like reddit and instagram, the site freezes at which point I have to refresh the page. Its annoying. I went into troubleshoot mode and it worked well. But when I re-enabled the addons one by one, I couldnt pin down the specific addon causing this issue since turning one on then one off yielded mixed results.

Has anyone encountered the same issue? How can I fix this?

DanRaisch

Re: Sites Like Instagram & Reddit Freeze Up

Post by DanRaisch »

Create a new profile and install the same extensions but add only one at a time, doing some use testing in between installations.
zlaer

Post by zlaer »

DanRaisch wrote:Create a new profile and install the same extensions but add only one at a time, doing some use testing in between installations.
Hi dan. The profile I'm using now is a week old and as a result I wont create another one. Very strange phenomenon. Any other suggestions?

DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

That profile may be a week old but you have extensions installed that may be involved in the problem you are reporting. If you don't want to try a new profile, you could remove all of the current extensions and then add them back to the current profile, one at a time.