Website constantly reloads

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
kiwichick

Website constantly reloads

Post by kiwichick »

Hi there, I'm not sure if this is a problem with FF or the website in question but I'm starting here for any suggestions. When I go to the website kmart.co.nz it constantly reloads making it unusable. This has been happening in all versions of FF for about the last year. It doesn't happen using Google Chrome. I use FFPortable but tried a fresh standard FF install and it does the same thing. I've also tried clearing the cache, restarting in troubleshoot mode, creating a new profile, and using about:config to change accessibility.blockautorefresh to true but none of them made any difference. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
redwolfe_98

Re: Website constantly reloads

Post by redwolfe_98 »

i had no problems with the "kmart.co.nz" website.
find answers at "Mozilla Support":
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

redwolfe_98 wrote:i had no problems with the "kmart.co.nz" website.
Well I do.
redwolfe_98

Post by redwolfe_98 »

when people say that the chrome browser works but firefox doesn't, obviously that is because they have applied some tweaks to firefox which are causing problems.

to resolve the problem, my advice would be to start with a clean install of firefox, the official version, from the official source, not a twerked, portable version, from a third party, with a new, clean firefox profile, so that your tweaks, which are causing problems, are not carried over to the new installation of firefox.

you will need to figure out which of your tweaks are causing problems and stop applying them. my advice would be to keep the tweaking of things to a minimum.
find answers at "Mozilla Support":
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

redwolfe_98 wrote:when people say that the chrome browser works but firefox doesn't, obviously that is because they have applied some tweaks to firefox which are causing problems.

to resolve the problem, my advice would be to start with a clean install of firefox, the official version, from the official source, not a twerked, portable version, from a third party, with a new, clean firefox profile, so that your tweaks, which are causing problems, are not carried over to the new installation of firefox.

you will need to figure out which of your tweaks are causing problems and stop applying them. my advice would be to keep the tweaking of things to a minimum.
Did you read my post? I've done all of that and it didn't help.
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

redwolfe_98 wrote:when people say that the chrome browser works but firefox doesn't, obviously that is because they have applied some tweaks to firefox which are causing problems.

Right, just to double-check, and so you know, this is what I've done:
I've moved the portable version off my laptop, downloaded the official installer from Mozilla, installed it, restarted in troubleshoot mode. I created a new profile. I also tried refresh mode. No tweaks, no extensions, no changes made whatsoever to this fresh install and nothing I've tried has made any difference.
therube

Post by therube »

Any external blockers, hosts file, even your antivirus, that may be affecting things?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

therube wrote:Any external blockers, hosts file, even your antivirus, that may be affecting things?
Thanks, no external blockers that I'm aware of. Not sure what you mean by hosts file. And my anti-virus is just the standard Windows one.
xanthon

Post by xanthon »

kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

So after a Windows update a few days ago the reloading problem is gone. I have fingers and everything crossed that it stays gone.