how to display all open tabs without navigation arrows

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
richards1052

how to display all open tabs without navigation arrows

Post by richards1052 »

I want to display all open tabs without having to use left/right navigation arrows. In other words, I want all open tabs to display in the tabs bar at the top of the screen.

I know how to reduce the tab size. But when I do that, it does not reduce the font size. So the tab name is truncated or not visible at all. Is there any way to reduce both the tab size AND the font size proportionally, so they're both visible? Chrome does this as default behavior and I'm trying to get the same behavior for Firefox.

I would prefer to find an extension that does this rather than use userChromecss, since I'm not familiar with it.
morat

Re: how to display all open tabs without navigation arrows

Post by morat »

You can use the mouse scroll wheel to scroll tabs instead of using the left/right tab bar scroll arrows to scroll tabs.

You can reduce the minimum tab width by going to about:config and changing browser.tabs.tabMinWidth pref. If you want to go smaller than 50, you will need a userChrome.css tweak.

WebExtensions are not allowed to modify the browser user interface like the tab size.

Firefox Addons - Category Tabs
http://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/exten ... gory/tabs/
limp

Post by limp »

To display all open tabs, install the Multi-row Tabs add-on at https://github.com/Izheil/Quantum-Nox-F ... e/releases. This add-on also provides the option to view tabs by hovering instead of by clicking.
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

I want to display all open tabs without having to use left/right navigation arrows. In other words, I want all open tabs to display in the tabs bar at the top of the screen.
Ctrl-Tab will move 1 tab to the RIGHT and return to 1 when end is reached.
Ctrl-Shift-Tab will move 1 tab to the LEFT and return to the last tab when end is reached.

No addon, arrows or .css needed or am I missing something in the request?
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
rich1052

Post by rich1052 »

morat wrote:You can use the mouse scroll wheel to scroll tabs instead of using the left/right tab bar scroll arrows to scroll tabs.

You can reduce the minimum tab width by going to about:config and changing browser.tabs.tabMinWidth pref. If you want to go smaller than 50, you will need a userChrome.css tweak.

Firefox Addons - Category Tabs
http://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/exten ... gory/tabs/
I know how to reduce the tab width. But as I wrote in my op, I need to also be able to proportionally reduce the font size of the name of the tab. Without that I can only see the tab & favicon, but not the tab name.

The mouse capability to switch tabs is very useful. Thanks for that.
rich1052

Post by rich1052 »

limp wrote:To display all open tabs, install the Multi-row Tabs add-on at https://github.com/Izheil/Quantum-Nox-F ... e/releases. This add-on also provides the option to view tabs by hovering instead of by clicking.
That github pg says it was archived and is read-only. I presume it means the add-on is not long active.
limp

Post by limp »

No, that's not what it means. Scroll down to "Assets" and click on
Multirow-Patcher-Quantum-Nox-Installer-Windows-1.8.9.exe to download the Multi-row Tabs add-on. If your anti-virus program objects, just "allow" it. It's perfectly safe. I've been using it for over a year, and it works perfectly.