User Help for Mozilla Firefox
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
My print-outs have large fonts and images suddenly. Information and images are cut off on the right. Words don't wrap around to the next line. Due to the larger sizes, more than 1 page prints where there used to be just 1 page printed. I don't remember changing any settings.
I get the same large print result on my color and b-w printers using Firefox (v3.6.8). Using IE 7, pages print normally with the expected size on both printers. Thunderbird email and Word documents print out normally on both printers. I have Windows XP Home.
My Firefox settings
1) Tools > Options > Content > Fonts and colors – Size 16. This size has always worked fine before.
2) View > Zoom is on Reset – Ctrl+0.
How can I get Firefox to print with proper sizes again?
adjust as you like on the Print Preview page
click File -> Print Preview
Make sure your printer drivers are updated with the latest version.
Read this: Problems printing web pages
If you use any Firefox Add-ons:
Try:Firefox Standard Diagnostic
So, you can determine if it's a extension or plugin causing the problem or even a corrupt profile after updating.
Optional: If Firefox Standard Diagnostic doesn't help solve your problem, you may want to scan your computer for viruses, malware and adware.
1.AntiVir Personal antivirus
3.Spybot Search and Destroy
Last edited by rob64rock on July 31st, 2010, 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Try menu path File->Page Setup->make sure that the Scale is set to 100%.
Set-up scale is 100%. Shrink-to-fit still leaves larger text than I had before the problem (And larger than pages printed with IE. Firefox print-outs had been the same size as IE before my problem cropped up).
I'd like to get back to having the default print out like it did before this bug. My printer drivers are OK since IE prints out on 2 printers as Firefox used to.
What I've done since last posting:
1. Reviewed Standard Diagnostic Steps
2. Disabled all extensions, plug-ins, and add-ons in Firefox Safe Mode (not Windows Safe Mode)
3. about:config in the Location Bar. Enter. print.print_printer preference was set for each of my 2 printers but I reset it anyway.
4. Norton Disk Doctor, WinDoctor, Speed Disk.
5. Windows System Tools Defrag
6. Norton full system scan for viruses. Spyware and worm protection are on.
The problem persists. Print-outs from Firefox are still way too large from 2 printers. I have Windows XP Home, Firefox 3.6.8.
* Any further ideas on how or why this happened, and ways to fix the very large printing from Firefox? Thank you.
I have anxiety and reluctance to change my profile and/or do a clean reinstall of Firefox. I'm worried about loosing all settings and bookmarks.
(This post is going to earlier respondents. Sorry for undue repetition.)
I spent the entire day and night with the exact same issue. Something happened yesterday morning and suddenly my printing was huge from all 3 printers. Not so if I used IE or Safari. I even uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox but I did not remove my personal settings and profile. I exported a copy of my bookmarks to a file on my Desktop.
After many frustrating hours and the same hesitation as you about deleting my profile, I created a new profile to test,leaving the old one in tact. Signed on with the new profile and printing was back to normal size. I imported my bookmarks from my desktop and so far it's business as usual again! It's definitely something that corrupted my default profile.
Steps to create new profile:
I have Vista by the way but this is also for Windows 7
1. Exit Firefox
2. Open the Windows Start menu and in the Search box type firefox.exe -ProfileManager (space after exe)
3. Press Enter
Then the Firefox - Choose User Profile box appears.
I left my default profile and chose Create Profile as a test and I thought I unchecked "don't ask at startup" but it doesn't ask me which profile at startup.
4. Then "Create Profile Wizard" box then appears and I entered my new profile name and finished.
Left my old default profile which has some corruption obviously. New profile prints fine.
I found an alternative solution to irbrenda-guest's steps. I have FF 3.6.8, WinXP-Home
1. about:config in the Location Bar. Enter. print.print_printer preference. reset
2. there were other preferences below this that specified my 2 printers by name (as they show up in my drop-down box when I type Ctrl-P for documents)
3. I reset all the preferences for my default printer individually down the list.
Closed out and printing was just right, even for the secondary printer for which I didn't reset the extended list.
I fixed this problem a different way. I looked in the about:config file, and found my printer, and the scale had been changed to 1.25, I set it to 1 and all is well.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 27 guests