Frustrating audio crackling when watching streaming video

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
rather upset

Re: Frustrating audio crackling when watching streaming video

Post by rather upset »

Hey, wow.. so im not the only one wonderding wtf has happened to the sound! first let me just say this... when flash was owned by macromedia, this problem did not exist! adobe bought them out and in recent versions of adobe flash player we're getting the annoyiong poppinig sound. its so SO bad! my app is radio, and whenever a NetConnection.call or flash.external.ExternalInterface.call executed i get a nice POP! my app uses these calls A LOT so you can imagine my sound, well it sounds like SH*T! this is the third time i have made this kind of app and the first and second apps were during the macromedia flash player era and again, no popping. i have tried using _quality="LOW"... reducing my frame rate to 12fps.. ive even tried opacity normal, transparent and opaque. NOTHING fixes this MF'n problem! however, in firefox and chrome, this problem does not exist. i only have it in ie, and its all versions of ie.. 6,7 and 8. anyone got any ideas or friends at adobe they can nag?
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Since your problem is in IE, your problem is NOT related to the problem being discussed in this topic and your rant doesn't belong in these forums. Go rant to Adobe or Microsoft and leave us alone.
enilkyllesh

Post by enilkyllesh »

I have the same problem. I am on a Vista Computer but using Safari. It happens to me when I am streaming videos. I was having some issues with viewing videos on Ninjavideos.net last weekend then last night the cracking began. I am going to trying to uninstall Flash, Shockwave, DIVx, Java, Klite Codecs (I actually think it might be a codec problem) and reinstall. I am going to test a few things ad get back to ya'll and see if that is it.

shellykline
Butterface

Post by Butterface »

Hey guys.

I've just had this problem for a few weeks, I use a discrete soundcard and discrete NIC card. All I had to do was disable the intergrated ones in BIOS and now everything is ship shape.

Hope that helps.
stephanecloutier[DOT]me

Post by stephanecloutier[DOT]me »

I have the crackling sound problem too and as long as I remember it came up when I updated Firefox (I think)...
I'm using Win XP Pro...
I'll have a look at the BIOS and postback if it fixes the issue...
Phlamesley

Post by Phlamesley »

I have the same issues, but with Video playback only. MP3s there is no probs, but when trying to use a video, crackle snap pop! I thought perhaps it was just my sound card, but when I move the file to a different device, either ipod or my laptop, the same crackling is present. It's like once its been played on desktop (running Vista) file goes bad. Really screws of watchin of vids. Any Help?
The Foreigner

Post by The Foreigner »

Let's put in some more keywords, so other victims will also be able to reach this thread (it took about an hour myself) as well, and come up with a solution:
download downloading interferring disturbing playing multimedia video simultaneously conflicting music sound.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

If you're not using Firefox, you don't belong in this forum. This is going nowhere and is now attracting people who aren't even using the browser that this forum supports. I'm locking this now.