Mozilla vs Netscape & "Go" button

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
bpatwebb

Mozilla vs Netscape & "Go" button

Post by bpatwebb »

I have recently switched from Netscape 7 to Mozilla. Where can I find the equivalent of Netscape's "Go" button. I have tried the "History" in Mozilla, but find it useless for my needs. With Netscape's "Go" button, I was able, with a single click, to leap backwards to a previously viewed page. I could have several different Internet browser windows open, and each time I opened a new browser, the "Go" button worked specifically for that particular browser. I'm probably not putting this very clearly, but will be grateful for any help.
Daifne

Re: Mozilla vs Netscape & "Go" button

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Firefox Support
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Do you mean the back button? That enables you to go back to a previous page. It should be on the left end of the toolbar.
The Whistler

Post by The Whistler »

The "Go" button is there. It appears in Firefox as a check mark within and at the right end of the location bar. In Netscape/SeaMonkey, the "Go" button is outside of and just to the right of the location bar.
bpatwebb

Post by bpatwebb »

Thanks very much, Whistler. It's so easy when you know where to look!
bpatwebb

Post by bpatwebb »

Subsequent to my previous query re the "Go" button, is there any way I can increase the number of viewed pages when I click on the "Down" arrow beside the Back / Forward buttons?
DJGM

Post by DJGM »

The Go Button = most pointless button in a browser. Why reach for the mouse and click Go after
typing a web address when you can simply press the Enter key? The Go button in any browser,
is as pointless now, as it was when Microsoft first introduced it in Internet Explorer 5.
-----------------------------
SeaMonkey is like a Swiss Army knife: Versatile and dependable, with many useful tools.
Internet Explorer is like really, really, very old Swiss cheese: Full of holes, and it stinks!