"clickfeedmanager.com" virus targets Firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
daddyfactual

Re: "clickfeedmanager.com" virus targets Firefox

Post by daddyfactual »

I had that a few days ago. Went right through Threatfire. Some of the popup browser seesions indicated links to AVG which made me suspicious. Regardless I licensed AVG tools which fixed the problem. Then I was hit yesterday with a virus called "system tools". This compeletely controls access
to your computer - no task manager access, no network option acess, nothing. It acts as if it is a virus scan product. Indicates my AVG software is poisoned. Wants me to install it's software. I worked with AVG to make a restore CD which booted, ran, updated it's definitions, scanned for three hours and found nothing.

I was a firefox user. I probably will not be going forward.

Dead in the water for now and working with AVG support.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Hardly Firefox's fault. You had to click on something to get it. Should you want to really kill it off try these.

Daifne's list of Malware removers/suggestions

Daifne wrote:
Install and run these programs.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
SuperAntispyware
AdAware
Spybot Search & Destroy

If these don't find it or can't clear it, post in one of these forums for specialized malware removal help:
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/index.php
http://forum.aumha.org/
http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Or you came across an infected ad on a normally good website. MSN and Google have been badly hit this week. Using an extension such as AdBlock Plus (with at least the Easy List filter subscription) and NoScript will help you stay protected from these malicious ads. They rely on javascript (Not Java) for their drive by downloads. You don't have to click on the ads to be infected. This is NOT specific to Firefox. All browsers are susceptible. Also, AVG does a horrible job at detecting these. I would suggest Avast and the paid version of Malwarebytes.
halcyon1234

Post by halcyon1234 »

I've spent all evening cleaning my wife's computer, and finally came across here-- after I went through extensions.ini and found a reference to the mentioned files.

Let's hope I got it all!
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Locking due to old age & to stop spam catching.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)