Anyone having issues STARTING today w/Chase online banking?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
wolfgrrl

Anyone having issues STARTING today w/Chase online banking?

Post by wolfgrrl »

Starting just today, I am having issues logging into Chase online banking. I strictly use FF and have navigated the Chase site fine for five months without a hitch. Today it tells me that my user/pass is incorrect, yet it will accept it in IE.

I've cleared cookies, cache, etc. Still no go. I've tried FF (different versions) on two PC's. 3.1b2 and 3.0.7. Still no go.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'd like to try and confirm this so I can contact Chase. Thank you
geocarw

Re: Anyone having issues STARTING today w/Chase online banking?

Post by geocarw »

wolfgrrl wrote:Starting just today, I am having issues logging into Chase online banking. I strictly use FF and have navigated the Chase site fine for five months without a hitch. Today it tells me that my user/pass is incorrect, yet it will accept it in IE.

I've cleared cookies, cache, etc. Still no go. I've tried FF (different versions) on two PC's. 3.1b2 and 3.0.7. Still no go.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'd like to try and confirm this so I can contact Chase. Thank you

YES, actually starting late yesterday after upgrade to Firefox 3.0.7. Same problem. Contacted Chase last night and again this morning, no joy. Hopefully you have better luck. In fact, tried changing password 3 times until I remember the only thing different was Firefox (not going back to 3.0.6 though).
Workaround so far is using add-on IE Tab but, that invokes IE. Not a good long term solution
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

Are you getting the prompt from Chase to Activate your account ? They do not like changes in browsers. Seems each time the browser changes/updates - you have to go thru the account re-activation thing.

As a tester of Firefox I found this out more-or-less hardway, as I will change the browser 2-3 times a day during testing, and then could not access Chase. They were after me to play my bills online - told them not going to happen if I have to re-activate every time I want to use the bank online.

I finally just started using IE for any banking as it never changes.

EDIT: so once you update Firefox and re-activate your account - you should be good until the next update comes along I guess.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

I just (3/6/09 at 12:39 pm est) logged into my Chase account with FF3.0.7 with no problem.

NOTE: I've NEVER had a problem with FF upgrades at Chase and neither has my wife who also has an account.
FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
rik_ff

Post by rik_ff »

Same problem here. No luck with either FF 3.0.7 or Opera 9.64. IE worked.
When it failed three times on 3.0.7, I was lead to a re-activation screen. That screen failed on SSN entry -- at the fourth digit it said that I had entered an invalid SSN.
wolfgrrl

Post by wolfgrrl »

Glad to know it's not just me. Please keep commenting if you have this issue so that I can refer Chase to this post.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Littlemutt wrote: Seems each time the browser changes/updates - you have to go thru the account re-activation thing.

That used to be the way it worked; they also used persistent flash cookies to identify you.

I just logged into my account and my wife's account using FF3.0.7, FF3.1beta2, Opera and Safari with no problem. I'm also on vacation and at a different IP address than normal and using a different computer than I normally use (iBook rather than G4 Tower at home).

May have something to do with the Chase server you get directed to.

Last edited by RobertJ on March 6th, 2009, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

Thanks Robert, I'll have to re-check.

EDIT: nope

We need to confirm your identity — We apologize for the inconvenience, but we don't recognize the computer you're using. In order to help prevent an unauthorized person from accessing your accounts, we need to verify your identity before you log on.

Confirm Your Identity

Why don't you recognize my computer?

* You may have bought a new computer or are using one you haven't previously used.
* You may have changed the settings on your browser or switched to a new browser.
* You may have deleted your cookies.
* You may have reconfigured your computer, operating system or other software settings.
* Your Internet Service Provider may have changed settings on their system.

EDIT: IE8 RC still logged in just fine, even after loading up SP2 RC on Vista HP yesterday, so they lie, don't like my Minefield builds or something.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Considering my experience as noted above that's strange; although, that is how it used to work for me also. Could be that I'm on a Mac and more trustworthy :wink:

My guess is that I'm ending up at a different server for some reason. Just for the heck of it this is the url I use to log in

https://chaseonline.chase.com/Logon.aspx

makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

FWIW - just updated to FFox 3.0.7 a few minutes ago. Tried logging into my Chase account as soon as I saw this thread -- no problem here.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
Bern9999

Post by Bern9999 »

I'm having a problem too. Called Chase online technical customer support and they told me to use IE, which worked. It worked yesterday. Yesterday, I upgraded to 3.07, however, the problem persists when I fell back to 3.06. I don't remember, when I logged on yesterday if I logged on before upgrading to 3.07.

The error is
The User ID or Password you entered is not correct. Please reenter your User ID and Password or click "Forgot your User ID and Password?" to verify your identity and regain access to your accounts.

Link: https://chaseonline.chase.com/Logon.aspx?LOB=COLLogon

Post by Guest »

check your stored ID/password to see if it's correct.
even if it is correct, why not delete it and start anew?
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

FWIW - I don't store user id and password for this or any bank accounts.
geocarw

Post by geocarw »

Littlemutt wrote:Are you getting the prompt from Chase to Activate your account ? They do not like changes in browsers. Seems each time the browser changes/updates - you have to go thru the account re-activation thing. . .

I did not get that prompt until I tried IE. Got the same thing reported by Bern9999 "The User ID or Password you entered is not correct. Please reenter your User ID and Password or click "Forgot your User ID and Password?" to verify your identity and regain access to your accounts."
BernG

Post by BernG »

RobertJ wrote:FWIW - I don't store user id and password for this or any bank accounts.

Same here (aka Bern9999)