Need help removing babylon toolbar from firefox.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
davidrane21

Need help removing babylon toolbar from firefox.

Post by davidrane21 »

I uninstalled the program not long after i had it from add/remove. I then went to manage add-ons and the uninstall button was grayed out, enabling or disabling makes no difference. I have tried everything I know of to remove the toolbar, I even tried system restore on 5 different restore points and still no avail. I have uninstalled firefox, and reinstalled 3 times and I have done everything else in between (besides the right thing obviously.) I have windows vista home 32 and firefox 3.0.7.

When I open firefox I immediately get this message: Chrome Registration Failed: "Firefox could not install this item because of a failure in Chrome Registration. Please contact the author about this problem." I click okay and it comes back up. It will appear 2 or 4 times before browser will open. When it does open immediately the manage add-ons window appears and says at the top in yellow bar: "restart firefox to complete your changes" and also in the mybabylon english toolbar 1.5.47.1 information bar it says "this add-on will be uninstalled when firefox is restarted." <- This happens every time I open firefox now. When I press restart firefox button in yellow bar it restarts and I get the 2-4 'chrome registration' messages again and then the add-ons manager pops up again and says that "1 new add-on has been installed." I click extensions and the babylon toolbar SEEMS to be removed but when I close and open firefox back up I then am back to the same problem again: messages and toolbar add-on are still there. I have attached a photo of the BHO's as viewed through spybot and there is nothing there that is associated with Babylon toolbar for me to remove.

DanRaisch

Re: Need help removing babylon toolbar from firefox.

Post by DanRaisch »

You might find that reinstalling the program would let you uninstall the toolbar. You could repeat the uninstall of the program after that.
davidrane21

Post by davidrane21 »

Fixed the problem(s)!
I decided to browse around and investigate the 'chrome registration error' myself so I went to C:/program files/mozilla firefox/extensions and looked at the files there, which there were 4. I located the date and time in which I had installed them (the other 3 dates were much older) and opened the file and found all the information relating to babylon. I deleted the whole folder (not THE extensions folder but the one INSIDE extensions folder) and it removed both problems; all remains of babylon and the 'chrome registration' error message. 2 birds with one stone! I don't know anything about a computer so Im not sure if each folder (babylon extension folder) is different on each computer, but im lead to believe that it would be. Incase it might help someone here is the name of the folder that I deleted from inside the extensions folder that contained the babylon information: {b2e293ee-fd7e-4c71-a714-5f4750d8d7b7}
James

Post by James »

DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Locking thread due to the age of the original posts.