Firefox Cookie Deletion

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
SoulMazer

Firefox Cookie Deletion

Post by SoulMazer »

Hey, I was wondering if some one would be able to point me to a Firefox addon for the little problem I have.

Every time I close Firefox, I would like to clear all of my cookies, except for the ones on some sort of "white list".

Since quite a few of the addons have rather vague descriptions, I was wondering if anybody would be able to point me to an addon similar to this. Thank you much in advance.
alterna

Re: Firefox Cookie Deletion

Post by alterna »

What I do is have Firefox set to clear all cookies upon close except for those that I set as "Allow" in exceptions, mostly log-in cookies.

Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies > Keep Until > I Close Firefox,
then Cookies > Exceptions > enter url > Allow.

Or you can set cookies for " ask me every time", go to sites you wish to retain cookies for and select "Allow", and then return to "I close Firefox"

Most add-ons just seem to offer a slightly easier GUI.
"So it goes" - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
famosamos

Post by famosamos »

(for Ubuntu)

click Edit
Preferences
Privacy tab
Keep until: [ I close Firefox ]

this setting will keep your cookie permanent population stable; neither increase nor decrease the permanent population
alterna

Post by alterna »

Just a note, here is the url to manage flash cookies ( if you use flash )

http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... ger06.html

Sorry about the menu lapse...I Really should read that user agent string. :oops:
"So it goes" - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
SoulMazer

Post by SoulMazer »

Thanks for the info guys, it answered my immediate question. However, I still have a problem.

So, I have a little question that is slightly related. The main reason I wanted to "whitelist" any cookies is because I am using a Google experimental labs feature (keyboard shortcuts). I believe this uses cookies, and so I would think this would work since I have "google.com" on my allow list. I did what you all suggested, and it does not seem to keep me in the experimental group after clearing my private data. So, I am guessing it does not use cookies. And I assume that it is platform independent? (I use Ubuntu 8.10 for reference, and I now see that the forum provides this)
Does anybody know how Google stores its experimental labs information?
geeknik

Post by geeknik »

This extension will delete flash cookies when you close Firefox:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6623