(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
LTS

Post by LTS »

Hi,

My OS is Windows XP SP2..if it matters....

I am getting this error using the latest Firefox version 3.0.10 (was getting it on other https websites with the previous version as well). I'm so frustrated now that I'm asking for help.

Secure Connection Failed
ca.dtic.mil uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
* This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.
* If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

As you can see I'm trying to reach ca.dtic.mil...which is an https page. I am trying to get there from usajobs.gov. I can go throughout this website with no problem but when I try to apply for a job at ca.dtic.mil I get the above error.

I've checked IE7 settings as recommended by others in the forum so you can see I've already done my homework. Internet settings are at medium-high and launching apps... is set to prompt.

What has me really worried is that some others with this problem with Firefox 3 (which is when my problem started) are able to get to the problem websites thru IE7, whereas I am not. I tried to get to ca.dtic.mil thru IE7 and I get a similar error message. If I am being phished or "someone is trying to impersonate the server" (who's server? I don't use a server)...how can I confirm this? My anti-virus, spyware, etc. programs are up to date and functioning properly with no alerts.

Although IE7 isn't getting me there either, I truly believe this to be a Firefox 3 issue since that is when it started for me, and apparently others as well. Can anyone help with this issue, short of telling me to go ahead and click on "add an exception", which I'm not ready to do since applying for a job will entail entering much personal data? Not safe! Not doing that!

Please help if you can, as I'd really like to apply for this position but can't do it under these circumstances.

Thanks!
LTS
MiltonJon

Re: (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

Post by MiltonJon »

I have the same problem, same OS and I refuse to use IE. It is not all websites, just a few but these are sites I have been to previously with no problems.