Firefox add-on not getting uninstalled

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
alpha2009

Firefox add-on not getting uninstalled

Post by alpha2009 »

Hi,

I have created a firefox add-on that uses js and c++. When I uninstall it from Tools->add-ons, it shows a message "restart firefox". when I click on Restart firefox button, firefox is getting restarted but my addon is not getting uninstalled. In this case it is making {GUID}-trash folder in extensions directory.

If I click on uninstall addon and close the addon window..without clicking on restart firefox button and manually close the firefox and then restart it, my add-on gets uninstalled.

Earlier uninstallation was happening proeprly. Is there any change in Firefox implementation. Please suggest what to do in this case..as I have to programatically uninstall addon. i tried opening firefox in safe mode and then uninsatlled addon..this works.
LIMPET235

Re: Firefox add-on not getting uninstalled

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Extension Development..
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Crazy-EyE

Post by Crazy-EyE »

I had problem with uninstalling extension in Windows. After I tried to uninstall it and restarted Firefox the extension appeared again as newly installed. The problem was that the file from the extension directory was opened in the editor and Firefox couldn't properly delete extension directory. Maybe you have a similar problem. Hope this will help you.
alpha2009

Post by alpha2009 »

I have checked all these scenarios...But the problem is still there. Why it creates {GUID}-trash directory?