Yahoo news freezes firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
nonsticksquirrel

Yahoo news freezes firefox

Post by nonsticksquirrel »

anyone else experience browser freezes while visiting yahoo news? When I downloaded 3.5 there were no problems initially but now it forces me to restart the browser. I have several addons -mostly for privacy and security. I have a P3 with 512 mb of ram. There were no problems with 3.1 altho it was much slower.
Gingerbread Man

Re: Yahoo news freezes firefox

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Any particular page, or just http://news.yahoo.com/?

Start Firefox in Safe Mode. If the problem doesn't occur, one of your extensions is to blame.
nonsticksquirrel

You were correct. It's one of my extensions. In safe mode it works smoothly. That sucks because I have lots of extensions to test now. :(
nonsticksquirrel

well, I found it. It appears to be the latest version of Rikaichan and XHTML Support Extensions. How do I notify the authors?
nonsticksquirrel

actually it appears to be the XHTML Support Extension exclusively.
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

nonsticksquirrel wrote:How do I notify the authors?

In the Add-ons panel, right-click an extension and choose Visit Home Page. Or go to Firefox Add-ons, search for the extension and note the support options listed on the extension's page.
nonsticksquirrel wrote:actually it appears to be the XHTML Support Extension exclusively.

I can't find an extension by that name. Do you mean XHTML Ruby Support? If so, the author lists HTML Ruby as a "simple and fast" alternative. You might want to try that instead.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Horia-
You are having a problem with SeaMonkey. I split off your post to the SeaMonkey support forum. Your post is here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1369435
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."