disable "This Connection is Untrusted" messages

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Re: disable "This Connection is Untrusted" messages

Post by Guest »

Okay, same for me. I just want to be able to turn them off for good.

I am a Network Administrator and have 1000's of systems that I connect to that use self-signed certificates. It's such a PITA to click through the exception to add them, I started to use the IE Tab add-in to switch these sites over to IE, and then just click "Yes" to go ahead.

I'm not about to go through these 1000's of systems and put real certificates on them, when they are all behind my firewall and not accessible from the outside world anyways. And it would take days for me to change them all, and when they expire I have to do it again? No way am I going to do that, I have more important projects to work on.

As for the 100 https websites that I have running, I have valid certificates on all of those, because that is what I need to do for people on the outside.

So, why can't I just disable it if I know what I am doing?

-Mark
sabianq

Post by sabianq »

tools>options>advanced>encryption>validation
uncheck "use online certificate status protocal"
MXS

Post by MXS »

This is killing my productivity online!

EVERY site I go to after updating FF forces me to "Add Exception", and now a lot of them get stuck.

I click on "Add Exception" and NOTHING HAPPENS!!! I cannot get INTO the sites I'm supposed to be using!

WTF????

How to I kill this feature on my copy of FF? It's annoying and it doesn't help!!
MXS

Post by MXS »

sabianq wrote:tools>options>advanced>encryption>validation
uncheck "use online certificate status protocal"

I just tried this, and it didn't seem to help. Or it didn' t apply. I've done it twice.

I am so frustrated and fed up with all of these ridiculous FF glitches. It NEVER used to be so friggin tedious!

](*,)
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
MXS

Post by MXS »

In very plain english, I beg of you.

Medical science is my genius, internet code sh-- is not.

](*,) [-o<
MXS

Post by MXS »

Ironically, when I went to click on either of these links, I got the Untrusted Connection screen and couldn't get past it. There has GOT to be a kill switch for this feather. Come on!

Oh, how i miss Internet Exploder. At least it was realistically unreliable.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

If you can't add an exception, but get a pop-up with the error message then you can check the pref browser.xul.error_pages.enabled on the about:config page and make sure that the value is set to the true (default).
jomar_norbe2000

Post by jomar_norbe2000 »

Anonymous wrote:I just reinstalled windows today. and i now get this message for "every" https site i visit.
yahoo mail
gmail
hotmail
bank
every random one i click on it says this.
whats going on?
its a fresh install
I just reinstalled window today. and i now get this message ''every'' https site i vist.
yahoo mail
gmail
hotmail
bank
every random one click on says this.
what going on?
its a fresh intall

Post by Guest »

dickvl wrote:Some firewalls monitor secure (https) connections and send their own certificate instead of the website's certificate.

You can click the link at the bottom of the error page: "I Understand the Risks"
Then you can do the rest of the clicking: "Add Exception" -> "Get Certificate".
You can click the "View..." button to inspect the certificate and check who is the issuer.

Thanks, the tip helped me solve the constant blocking... I found the certificate was coming from a firewall on the companies network.

I exported the corresponding certificate from IE and imported it in Firefox via Certificate Manager\Servers\Import. Once imported edited the certificate properties:

- select "Trust the authenticity of this certificate"
- Under "Edit CA Trust", select "This certificate can identify web sites"
- OK out of Certificate Manager

Certificate is moved to the Authorities tab under Certificate Manager and no more prompting for https pages. :)
supersaiyan

Post by supersaiyan »

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
It won't let me see part of the screen because of the security message
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Try to open that frame in a new tab via the right-click context menu: This Frame > "Open Frame in New Tab"
Then you can inspect the certificate to see what the problem is.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Check your system date and time if you've just done a fresh install, I had this same problem with a fresh install of windows and the system date and time were incorrect. I've just changed to the correct date and time and this solved my problems. Hope this helps.

thankssssssssssss solved the issue :D
mikelz

Post by mikelz »

Worst "feature" ever. I cannot get to anything with HTTP Security without creating an exception. Please, Microsoft already protects me from harmless events. That's why I do not use any more Microjunk than I have to. I am using Firefox bookmarks I have had for years. I don't need this and I do not want it. Tell me the certificate is suspicious, if you must, then let me proceed.
Best,
Mike