disable "This Connection is Untrusted" messages

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
SoleSurvivor

Re: disable "This Connection is Untrusted" messages

Post by SoleSurvivor »

This is clearly not my case. I'm not playing with the system's date. There is one single action that I'm repeating every day, and this has changed since FF 3.5. It doesn't matter anymore, I switched to another browser. A simple : "accept.all.certs = true" value in the about:config would have been useful, but no ...
ladida

Post by ladida »

Have to agree with everything the thread starter and SoleSurvivor said. i really do not understand these functions that are supposed to "protect me". My job is internet security, and i DO WANT to test certain pages, yet the firefox came to my rescue to "stop me". Plus i see the warning on around 50% of httpS websites i surf that have no relation to trojans nor are they infected. I'm a big boy, if i don't want to be stopped, let me. It can be set to default for most users if they wish, but there should be an option to remove the stupid warnings. Just makes me switch from firefox.
masterdam79

Post by masterdam79 »

I don't get it, ppl going on about security.
I'm a webdeveloper and I'm visiting https sites on our own new servers which we are migrating which don't have certificates yet.
I'm testing the sites on the new server and I'd like to switch off the untrusted connection warning temporary so I can get on with my work and don't have to click myself some RSI.
Clearly this is not possible or no one knows how to switch it off.. that's fine... My poor wrists...
masterdam79

Post by masterdam79 »

masterdam79 wrote:I don't get it, ppl going on about security.
I'm a webdeveloper and I'm visiting https sites on our own new servers which we are migrating which don't have certificates yet.
I'm testing the sites on the new server and I'd like to switch off the untrusted connection warning temporary so I can get on with my work and don't have to click myself some RSI.
Clearly this is not possible or no one knows how to switch it off.. that's fine... My poor wrists...
Never mind, wrote myself a AutoHotkey script to do the clicking... Can't post the script thought as the recorded mouseclicks are relative to the user's screen. recording this script took me 2 minutes with AutoScriptWriter (recorder) from AutoHotkey.
chaunce

Post by chaunce »

The sad thing is the IE doesn't seem to have this problem. I have loved FF but this bug is making me leave it.
classbrain

Post by classbrain »

I"m on the Mac version and this is not only annoying, it's actually hampering my work. There are some sites that not only show up as having an SSL problem, which they don't (This includes American Express, my bank, and GoDaddy), then it messes up how it views the sites. I can't even sign in and work in the Amazon Affiliate program with Firefox because it distorts the entire page and strips some of the functionality. I've posted bug reports in the developer section for months to no avail. I'm now using Opera and Safari, depending on what I'm doing most of the time. I just can't function with this error in Firefox. Too many sites have SSL certificates and this basically misfires every time I go to one of them. If any one has figured out how to disable this, I would LOVE to know. ANy help would be appreciated.
FilPhilosopher

Post by FilPhilosopher »

the absolute answer to your question is that you have to download another kind of internet browser... try another maybe it could help you... :D

Post by Guest »

yes, what is happening?
even trying to log into my yahoo mail,
suddenly since today this started popping up.
venkataramana

Post by venkataramana »

When i want to change my password in dataone.in site. i could not change. the internet explorer and firefox both are showing that the site is not certified and not allow me to change the password. pl provide me the solution
SoleSurvivor

Post by SoleSurvivor »

Remember Certificate Exception is a bit of relief. This is a small cool extension, written in Selenium fashion, and it does the clicking for you, as I stated in my earlier post. The extension wasn't working with 3.5, when the change happened, but the maintainer has issued another version that works with 3.5.3. This is sort of a workaround. Black point for Firefox, though. I already sent the same message in another Mozilla site.
underscoreTom

Post by underscoreTom »

There's also the situation on operating on a closed private network where the concept of public CA certs (Verisign and the like) doesn't exist.

Very annoying not being able to disable the security check
necronox

Post by necronox »

my story is a bit different. i use firefox and always did. but when i install 3.5 not so long ago. i have been getting these "This Connection is Untrusted" things on nearly every website i go to. now. i accept that the developpers are trying to make a security feature here, but for some reason. everytime i add as exeption. it doesn't seem to remember it. so everytime i shut down my computer. turn it on again. then go to that website again. it the same freaking message!!! so everyday i add around 30 exeption. IT IS A FREAKING PAIN. can anybody give me a hint how to help get less. because honestly. this is the worst thing they have ever done to firefox. if the developpers had the idea of making a security feature. you would hope they would be smart enough to think there is people out there that doesn't want that f-ing security stuff that never works!
radjames

Post by radjames »

Check your time and date on your computer. If it is off then you will receive the This Connection is Untrusted on any secure site
underscoreTom

Post by underscoreTom »

I also run into the "permanent" exception not being permanent.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Some firewalls monitor secure (https) connections and send their own certificate instead of the website's certificate.

You can click the link at the bottom of the error page: "I Understand the Risks"
Then you can do the rest of the clicking: "Add Exception" -> "Get Certificate".
You can click the "View..." button to inspect the certificate and check who is the issuer.