FF 3.5.1 problem with certain images; JS related??

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
satyr

FF 3.5.1 problem with certain images; JS related??

Post by satyr »

Hey all, I am experiencing a specific problem in the latest 3.5.1 version of Firefox (however, the problem existed also in previous versions) where I cannot view full-sized images that are displayed as thumbnail-images in a slideshow. I know the way (by visiting such pages from other computers) this slideshow is supposed to work, but it simply doesn't work in my case.

Two examples of such pages are foto-nevsakdanji-obesalniki.html and 12-najbolj-nenavadnih-opeklin.html (24ur.com is a website of a commercial TV here in my country); you see, when one clicks on a thumbnail image in slideshow (see under "Fotogalerija"), the full-sized image should be displayed below.

I am wondering if this is maybe JavaScript permissions related problem, because I remember that when I had problems with maps on MultiMap website, someone suggested to me (or maybe I discovered this myself??) to check the "Advanced JavaScript Settings" (under Options... item Tools menu, Content tab, Enable JavaScript section, Advanced button), and after changing the below entry's value from "true" to "false" (which by the way cannot be changed through GUI, only by editing "prefs.js" file), the problem was resolved.

Code: Select all

user_pref("dom.disable_image_src_set", false);

Thanks in advance, satyr
If you want to, please check out my site: tadej-ivan.50webs.com, and enjoy reading my computing-related discoveries, hints, principles, and rules.
RobertJ

Re: FF 3.5.1 problem with certain images; JS related??

Post by RobertJ »

The site works for me.

If you type about:config into the url bar and hit return you have access to all the pref's. Then type dom.disable_image_src_set into the filter. If it is set to True double click on it and it will go to false.

Also if you use NoScript make sure you are allowing the site. And of course JavaScript should be enabled.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
satyr

Re: FF 3.5.1 problem with certain images; JS related??

Post by satyr »

RobertJ wrote:If you type about:config into the url bar and hit return you have access to all the pref's. Then type dom.disable_image_src_set into the filter. If it is set to True double click on it and it will go to false.

Ahhh, thanks much!! So then it actually is the "dom.disable_image_src_set" entry's (being set to "true") fault, same as in case of MultiMap's maps. I'll change the value in my "user.js" file then, same as I did in/for my other profile.

satyr
If you want to, please check out my site: tadej-ivan.50webs.com, and enjoy reading my computing-related discoveries, hints, principles, and rules.