Firefox is having trouble recovering your windows and tabs..

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
cigoa

Re: Firefox is having trouble recovering your windows and tabs..

Post by cigoa »

This is not a reply. I am having difficulty with Firefox. I inadvertently closed all tabs--13 tabs and did not realize that I had my aol.com mail open. So all my emails disappeared. Now I cannot get on aol.com with Friefox.
Can someone help?
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Did you try History > Recently Closed Windows ?
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You get that about:sessionstore window if Firefox has crashed and wasn't able to restore all the tabs the previous time.

This can be a problem with the file sessionstore.js in the Profile Folder
Delete the file sessionstore.js and any existing files sessionstore-##.js with a number in the left part of the name like sessionstore-1.js .

You can set the pref browser.sessionstore.max_resumed_crashes to 0 on the about:config page to get the about:sessionrestore page immediately with the first restart after a crash has occurred.
See https://wiki.mozilla.org/Session_Restore#Preferences
ModerbatorSucks

Post by ModerbatorSucks »

Moderbator wrote:This thread is about the 'embarrassing' error in FF, and applies to anyone who has the error, myself included. Does anyone REALLY think that having 100+ threads from different people about the same error is a smart way to handle this? Ridiculous.

As someone who has worked in tech for 10 years, I can tell you that the same symptoms often are caused by wildly different things. They are clearly trying to solve the problem of the OP while attempting to make the thread useful to those users who might do a search for it as well as any developers that might need to get information to investigate a possible bug. Developers are used to dealing with a ton of support tickets when trying to diagnose a bug, but when those tickets are made more complex with even one unnecessary confounding factor it becomes much more difficult to extract the cause. When you've got 100 people talking about various problems with similar symptoms in one thread, it becomes completely useless to anyone trying to read it.

Moderbator wrote:This thread is about the FF error, not one single person who's getting it.

Says you, but not the people who made the rules for the forums, the moderators, or the people who want to use this as a tool to troubleshoot afterwards.

Moderbator wrote:I've read that this might be caused by having a whole lot of tabs open at some point, and from then on you are stuck with this error. That's how it's worked in my experience and I've had this error ever since this new version came out. Without fail, when I start FF for the first time it takes about 90 seconds for it to come up, then I get the embarrassing error, then it goes ahead and loads the pages anyway like there was no problem.

Great job Columbo. Clearly you know better than the people that actually are supporting these people... I'm sure they don't need *any* other information to figure out what the problem is. You gonna have a bug fix for us any time soon?

Great nick by the way. I remember being a frustrated 14 year old.
Tall Diva

Post by Tall Diva »

I think what we'd all like to know is WHY is this happening after updating to version 3.5.3 when everything was perfectly fine BEFORE updating? Its ANNOYING!! :x

Post by Guest »

SK wrote:Which URLs?
Tall Diva wrote:I think what we'd all like to know is WHY is this happening after updating to version 3.5.3 when everything was perfectly fine BEFORE updating? Its ANNOYING!! :x
:evil: :evil: :idea: :mrgreen: =D> #-o
LisaJH

Post by LisaJH »

So whats up, now the mods are pissed that the thread got hijacked and so they refuse to offer anymore support? ](*,) Ridiculous! I have had this error since August and have been watching this thread waiting for a reply.
Step it up, FF!
JoshwaIAm

Post by JoshwaIAm »

Perhaps try starting a new thread that is not hijacked, try understanding that these people offering support are VOLUNTEERING time to try and help you. I too am frustrated with a similar issue, but I created a new thread to address my issue specifically. I may have different extensions, addons, triggers, etc. than you do. There is no point bickering back and forth with Mods over this.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Locking this now. It's much too confused for anyone to get help. If you have a similar issue, start your own new topic. We would much rather have a lot of topics with similar issues than one topic that is too chaotic.