Firefox not finding websites on first attempt

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
NewMozUser29A

Post by NewMozUser29A »

Well that's fine so long as you don't keep any important data on there that is not regularly backed up to a usable external source. The idea that the level of security between XP original and SP2 Latest is anything but massive is untrue. The fact an XP original user hasn't yet suffered a problem is pure luck and chance. There was a lot of comment at the outset about SP2 being 'heavy' but that turned out to be users not installing it with the required preparation. But hey its everyone's right to be as more or less secure as they choose. Except of course when your machine becomes a DOS attack robot quite easily and all those other users who didn't update their systems will be the first in the firing line.
gollam

Post by gollam »

Point taken. It would take quite a lot to get through to the system , that's after going through the Livebox security,then through the Netgear security setup before it reaches any PC. Then it has to get onto the Pc.I would update but can't.That's why I use other software.I only back up pictures and music onto disc ,nothing else is too important.Doesn't take long to get a HD up and running too it's present state.
GO APPLE!

Post by GO APPLE! »

You guys are so deloused to even see how inferior you crap pC's are. Why do 600 mil. people use windows, cause they're retarted! And why would you want any selection when Macs are made perfect out of the box! Ha! That would be like putting neon lights on a Ferrari Enzo. Speaking of neon . . . PC's with neon lights and leds are super crap attack! And why would you want to shop at a million diff. stores to find one piece of you stupid machines. That's a waste of time, especially considering Macs are one stop shop baby. Everything you could ever want, in one store! HEll YEah! GOOOOOOOOO APPLE!
gollam

Post by gollam »

Apples go rotten.
gollam

Post by gollam »

It don't matter if you're running an old Amiga or whatever as long as it suits your needs.
gollam

Post by gollam »

No need to swear.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Maybe it's time to <b>stick to the subject,</b> since this is a <b>support forum.</b>
gollam

Post by gollam »

agreed . now it's fixed, anybody got any idea why some web pages didn't load? At least it might help someone else with an similar problem.
Troubled

Accessing the Internet

Post by Troubled »

I am having trouble accessing the internet from a second computer hooked up wireless to my main computer. My wireless connectivity shows excellent but I can not access the internet at all. I thought it was the wireless adapter so I went and bought a new one. That is apparently not the problem. Any suggestions? I have looked through all my settings but don't know what else to try.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Try the wireless manufacturer's support forum or telephone support. I don't want to seem cruel, but setting up a wireless network can be tricky and some programs are buggy. This forum is for Firefox support. If you can't find a suitable support forum, you might try the Mozillazine Tech Forum.

And this is an old, full thread on another subject. Better let it die.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

It's probably caused by the new google search: I've seen threads appear from 2004!
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

So a search engine can actually be too good! :)
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

[q]:"So a search engine can actually be too good!"

That is a feature of google that I dislike most: you never know how old a result is and when google last visited the site and if the link is still valid.
Google shows a date for some results but not for all.
It would be nice to have some influence on the sorting of the results.
LIMPET235

Re: Firefox not finding websites on first attempt

Post by LIMPET235 »

@ Jophiel2287, I split your post off coz of the very old age of the thread you posted in.
Your new thread is here,
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=755245
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)