Adobe DLM installed after Adobe update

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
bifus

Re: Adobe DLM installed after Adobe update

Post by bifus »

If you can download and run the proper EXE, you don't need it. Some say that it makes problems. If you have it, uninstall it.
NO-DRAMA

Post by NO-DRAMA »

Hi,
when I just logged on to the net it said a firefox update was available so it updated me to 3.6 then told me I would now need to update my adobe flash as it wasn't compatible so I did this but it also downloaded the Adobe DLM.
To remove it I clicked Tools>add ons.then uninstall under the adobe DLM add on.
That got rid of it.
Hope this helps.
therapy k

Post by therapy k »

My issue was every time I opened a Firefox window adobe DML requested permission to run.

You can remove the adobe DML from tools menu in firefox. This worked for me:
go to "Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions" in Firefox and uninstall "Adobe DLM (powered by getPlus(R))"

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Install_Flash ... ion_issues

*see link above for more details if this doesn't work.
peterg3142

Post by peterg3142 »

Another issue I just found. I was having trouble with Firefox after installing the latest update to Ver 3.6.11. I simply could not open a new Firefox page (ie new firefox window) or popup window (where allowed). Some websites normally switch to a popup window upon login and it started to always fail. Same thing would happen when I right clicked on a link and selected "Open Link in a new Window" or tried to start a new Firefox window by just launching it again. When this occurred and I shutdown the Firefox window that I first launched, Windows Task Manager showed that Firefox was still running in the Processes window even though it was gone from the Applications window. I had to kill the Firefox process in the Processes window to completely shut down Firefox.

What's this got to do with the Subject under discussion you may well ask? The answer is, that after disabling the DLM using the Firefox Tools\Options\General\Manage Add-ons\Extensions window the problem went away.

If you are having the same problem, I suggest you do the same, or even press the Uninstall button instead.

My OS is XP Pro and my antivirus is Zone Alarm

Hope this helps,

Peter
rclariana

Post by rclariana »

rather than stop the adobe DLM hastles, I'll just unistall firefox and use other alternative browsers, that much lets hassle for me. and regarding your red flag message on this post page, I don't need programmers telling me how long my posts need to be, tis is plenty long enough
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

You choice entirely on what browser/s you use.
We don't care, as we are just a user to user help forum.
Oh, & BTW.....The links to the direct D/L's for the "Un-installer" & both the "Installer/s" are on the first 2 pages.
Good luck with your other browser. :)
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)

Post by Guest »

eknirb wrote:It says "Adobe DLM (powered by getPlus(R))." This arrived when FF said I needed to update Adobe Flash.
"a sophisticated tool for efficient distribution of digital goods." Huh?
What is this, why do I need it?
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

You don't need it. Just install a new version of Flash when an update is released, instead of doing an "update". IMO, that Adobe DLM (powered by getPlus(R)) doesn't work correctly for too many users for installing an Adobe program update, and it causes problems with Firefox, as mentioned by peterg3142 on 10-23.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Locking due to spamming.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)