Protection-Check07.com

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
J. Francis

Re: Protection-Check07.com

Post by J. Francis »

I've reported this to nytimes.com so they can deal with it.
TelecomGuy

Post by TelecomGuy »

It's not just NYT. It popped up on my wife's Mac (using FF3.5.3) when she went to another site from Google....

Post by Guest »

I just got hit with the same thing when I went to Huffington Post and clicked a column by Paul Begala.
Khs

Post by Khs »

I got the same popup while reading the times on my palm pre. I checked my history and the popup's website is protection something .com and another one for a website in china.

Post by Guest »

This is a hijack, and does not constitute a compromise to your system unless and until you allow the Download to take place. The webspace is has a very convincing layout (for Windoze types, anyway) and would easily confound the less-than-technically-proficent..

I saw the 'Best-antivirus03.com' Hijack yesterday (at NYTimes) and the 'Protection-Check07.com' today -- and I note that both times they are calling another site, URI: 'sex-and-the-city.cn' <--- YES - DOT China~

The URI above is incomplete, but it is safer&clearer that way. The parameters beyond the base URI follow: '/go.php?id=2015&key=ace6725ec&p=1'

I have confirmed that both 'Best' and 'Protection' had identical "calls" to the 'sex' URI..

Post by Guest »

rerutled

Post by rerutled »

NYTimes has an apology and explanation up here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/business/media/13note.html?hp
zxzasa

Post by zxzasa »

oh, lol
start using firewalls if you want to avoid such problems
for mac i would recomend this - http.protemac.com/netmine/
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Locking due to old age.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)