Lloyds TSB logon problem

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
JMatisse

Re: Lloyds TSB logon problem

Post by JMatisse »

Hi, I was having the same problem as jlovie, getting exactly the same error message, when trying to register for online banking with LloydsTSB.

I did everything the previous posters suggested, but nothing worked.

I'm on a PC and have FF 3.5.3. My partner's PC uses the same version of FF and she can access the registration page no bother at all.

This morning I decided to check again my browser's compatibility on the Lloyds internet page, and it said it detected I have a browser based on Mozilla 5.0 or above (does that exist yet?) and that the optimum requirements are either Netscape Navigator 6 and above or Microsoft IE 5 or above.

Just updated IE to version 8, and guess what, I was able to get the registration page. Still don't understand why FF works on my partner's PC but not on mine. I'd prefer to use FF as for me it's a much more stable browser.

Beginning to wonder if they are really worth the bother! I have no problems at all banking online with two other major banks.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."

Post by Guest »

I had to clear the cookies and cache to get back into it
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Locking due to the age of the original posts.
stephani agustin

Post by stephani agustin »

jlovie wrote:I'm having a problem as of yesterday logging onto Lloyds TSB internet banking.

Get this error when I click the login link:
>>
Sorry we are unable to progress with your request
139212 - You entered one or more unexpected punctuation characters such as \ ; " ! * ~ ^ < > .
These are not permitted. Please hit the back button and try again.
>>

It also opens a pop-up with this message:
>>
Time out warning
You are not currently using Internet banking and for security reasons are about to be logged off.
To prevent this from happening, please click close to keep your Internet banking session active
>>

Clicking close just opens the popup again.

This is on an old PC with Firefox 2.0.0.20 (can't upgrade)

IE works OK.

Can anyone replicate this, or see if it works in FF3?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Really locking this time.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."