"The connection was refused..." - THE SOLUTION

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
gotcrack

Post by gotcrack »

http://www.nathanr.com/errorshot.jpg

That is what I get everytime on any of my mail accounts via web.
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

somethign is up with you ISP and the connection is timing out
try:
about:config in the addressbar, search for 'network.http.connect.timeout' set it to lets say 60
search for ''network.http.request.timeout' set to 180
gotcrack

Post by gotcrack »

i did that earlyer like the one sticky post suggested and changed it to 120 like it suggested still didn't fix it :-x

Post by Guest »

For what it's worth, I'm having this exact same problem. It's not a timeout issue because the error message appears immediately -- and changing the timeout setting doesn't make a difference.

This started happening immediately after I upgraded to 1.0
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

*bangs head on desk*
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

gotcrack: do this please follow directions closely

Start->run-> type 'command' without the '
type 'tracert www.whateverpageisnotworking.com' again without the '

repeat for another site that isnt working

after that take a screenshot and post it here

Post by Guest »

I'm having the exact same problem, and I don't see how it could be anything to do with my ISP, since I had the same problem when I tried to install one of the previous versions about a month ago with a different ISP. IE is working fine...but when I try to go to the exact same site in Firefox, the connection is refused. I've tried everything I've seen suggested here, but still nothing...
Filipp0s

Post by Filipp0s »

Guest, are you sure your firewall is not blocking firefox from accessing the internet?
ktp

Post by ktp »

I got this same problem. I don't think it is ISP since when I put URL in address bar work fine. Problem occured only when click link (with the same URL) from within web page.
gotcrack

Post by gotcrack »

supernova_00 wrote:gotcrack: do this please follow directions closely

Start->run-> type 'command' without the '
type 'tracert www.whateverpageisnotworking.com' again without the '

repeat for another site that isnt working

after that take a screenshot and post it here

I did it and got a whole lot of mumbo lol. Can't upload it (friends not online to do so) so If you wanna c it ill message you on AIM

Post by Guest »

I'm getting the same error on a secure site. Reinstalling Firefox and tweaking firewall settings did nothing. So far has only occured on one site.

Post by Guest »

I have been following these posts and it is frustrating. A co-worker can get to our corporate logon page with Firefox and I used to be able to but one day it stopped cold. Version upgrades and complete removal registry etc, and fresh install with new version, no go. Will try some of these suggestions. I get the error "connection refused". Back to Slim browser and Avant until I can get this working.
Chazman

Post by Chazman »

I get the error immediately and with every single site I try going to. IE works perfectly on all sites that I dare go to with (including this site). I've tried EVERY above mentioned setting and no progress. I'm going to install an older version and hope it fixes it.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

OK. It's not my firewall. I do NOT have service pack 2. I have tried reinstalling. I uninstalled made sure all the files were gone and reinstalled again. Still no luck. IE oviously works because I'm typing this. And my older firefox worked fine. I'm getting mad and I'm not about to pay $39 to talk to mozilla support on the phone. Someone please figure this out. Thank you. Firefox.... I miss you.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

It IS Norton!!! I turned my firewall off completely, because setting the permissions didn't work. But wa la Firefox is back!!!! ^_^