FireFox remembers different users ID hotmail account

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
zillah

FireFox remembers different users ID hotmail account

Post by zillah »

Hi

I have got client of mine who has 5 different hotmails accounts (different username or user IDs) .

How can I let Firefox to remember those all 5 user IDs for those accounts ?

Because he wants to see them displayed on a hotmail web page rather than typing them every time he wants to check emails.

Although a browser option to remember a username is ticked.

I tired to google , but all I found was related to password memorization and this is not what I am looking for.

Please do not post me any link for remembering a password I have already found them through my search and it is not related to my thread

Thanks
trolly

Re: FireFox remembers different users ID hotmail account

Post by trolly »

First check if the user names are remembered. Tools -> Options -> Security -> Passwords -> Saved passwords
If there are multiple passwords double click the input field to see them all or start typing the user name.
You can also use a form fill addon.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ll&cat=all
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
zillah

Post by zillah »

I tired to google , but all I found was related to password memorization and this is not what I am looking for.

First check if the user names are remembered. Tools -> Options -> Security -> Passwords -> Saved passwords.

isn't this option to remember a password only ? If so I do not like that to happen,,,,I am looking for user id only to be remembered not a password
trolly

Post by trolly »

If you look at the list the user name and the password are usually stored together.
If you want to store the user names only you may need a form filler addon (see above) as far as i know.

Check if Tools -> Options -> Security -> Custom Settings -> Remember search and form history is checked. Then usually starting to type the user name auto-completes the field or double click the field to see previous entries.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
zillah

Post by zillah »

Hi trolly
If you want to store the user names only you may need a form filler addon (see above) as far as i know.

form filler addon is for an old firefox version not the new one.

Check if Tools -> Options -> Security -> Custom Settings -> Remember search and form history is checked

Yes under Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Custom Settings -> "Remember search and form history" option is ticked.
trolly

Post by trolly »

Don't associate the term "a form filler" with the "Form Filler" addon. There are more of them e.g. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4775 . If you click the link i posted above then you will see several "form filler" addons.
zillah

Post by zillah »

If you click the link i posted above then you will see several "form filler" addons.

I tried few of them without any success.
pfascia

Post by pfascia »

What worked for me: TOOLS -> OPTIONS --> PRIVACY --> click on history setting --> manual setting, on the field cookies go to EXCEPTIONS, add www.hotmail.com in allowed sites and click on Allow
Since then my Firefox open a popup menu when in hotmail, and remembers all the user ids

Ciao
zillah

Post by zillah »

Thanks for sharing your experience