Firefox requires permission to run since upgrading to Window

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
no-user-name

Re: Firefox requires permission to run since upgrading to Window

Post by no-user-name »

bens4lsu wrote:I had this problem too, and found that my shortcut did NOT have the "Run as administrator" box checked.

Digging a little deeper, there's also a similar setting on the EXE itself (at least on Windows 7). I fixed by following these steps:

1. Browse to the program's EXE in the file structure. For me, it was on C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

2. Right click on the file, and select Properties.

3. Go to Compatibility tab, and click the button for "Change settings for all users."

4. Uncheck the "Run as administrator" box on this screen.

Hope that works for some of you who are having problems.

This fixed it for me - =D>
lq

Post by lq »

"I had this problem too, and found that my shortcut did NOT have the "Run as administrator" box checked.

Digging a little deeper, there's also a similar setting on the EXE itself (at least on Windows 7). I fixed by following these steps:

1. Browse to the program's EXE in the file structure. For me, it was on C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

2. Right click on the file, and select Properties.

3. Go to Compatibility tab, and click the button for "Change settings for all users."

4. Uncheck the "Run as administrator" box on this screen.

Hope that works for some of you who are having problems."

This fixed it for me!!!!!!

Thanks bens4lsu!!!!
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

So there are at least TWO places to uncheck "Run as administrator". Figures.
Win7_

Post by Win7_ »

bens4lsu tip worked for me. thanks!
mozsux

Post by mozsux »

Nothing seems to work for me i tried everything

Re: Firefox requires permission to run since upgrading to Wi

Post by Guest »

mozsux wrote:Nothing seems to work for me i tried everything

Nothing works for me either. I turned off the UAC (after looking up what that means) and that worked, but now I understand the security is compromised. So I turned it back up and it's back. I have unistalled the software five times and reinstalled hoping to get rid of that annoying pop-up. Does anyone know how to enable cut and paste. Those instructions also don't work :(
AZRainman

Post by AZRainman »

None of my shortcuts or the program had Run as Admin checked for any user. Oddly this started happening out of the blue with no changes being made to Firefox prior to the UAC popup making its annoying appearance. I did notice the special permissions box was ticked for user accounts, which I found rather odd too. Seems there's some sort of bug in the software. I clicked yes and Firefox opened a page that said thank you for installing 3.6.

Never mind, it must of updated while I was not looking. Unchecked auto-update, so it doesn't catch me off guard again, lol.

3.6.10 is now released to the masses :)
jwwing

Post by jwwing »

I have the same problem on a new installation of 3.6.12 of Firefox. I was working on the computer doing installations when all of a sudden the firefox went into safe mode and threw away all of my tabs. It came up in a minimum configuration, apparently safe mode. Then after I shut it off and restarted, it apparently came up in safe mode again. I closed it after I found that it was in safe mode. I selected the non-safe mode selection only to have it look for password permission from administrator. I finally gave it permission and went out to the internet for info on this problem. The people indicated that the problem was caused by being in "Run this program as an administrator" and that I should uncheck it. So I did. However, the problem continued. I knew this was incorrect because I had used the program for awhile without it asking for permission, but now no matter what I did, it asks for the administrator's password. I noticed that the "Privilege Level" in Compatibility of the properties had "Run this program as administrator" checked, but it was grayed out and going to the Change for all users window was not checked - I even tried checking it, selecting apply, and then unchecking it and selecting apply. The grayed selection remained checked.

Finally after putting up with this for several days, I guessed that it was because of the auto update feature so I shut that off. No help. So finally I did a search in regedit for firefox looking for something about run as administrator. I found one such entry #RUNASADMINISTRATOR (I think it said) - I deleted this entry and the grayed selection mentioned above is unchecked and the program no longer asks for permission to change the computer - YEAH!!!
MichaelRodriguez

Post by MichaelRodriguez »

I had the same problem on 3.6.*, however since I've updated haven't face it anymore.