inline AutoComplete

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
sixstringbass

Que?

Post by sixstringbass »

Since I avoid IE like the plague (which it may be) can someone describe inline autofill so I know what I'm missing?

Post by Guest »

So I added the above mentioned line to about:config and still don't have inline autocomplete. Is there some other option I have set wrong that overrides autocomplete?

Post by Guest »

What would I have to do inorder for inline to work for the book makrs I have. For example if I name one of my bookmarks Mooooooo and I start typing "Mo" the rest is shown as inline autocomplete just like in IE. ANyone?
Fireme

Post by Fireme »

I use inline autocomplete. However, it does so in reverse alphabetical order. Is there any way to make work in alphabetical order?

Post by Guest »

Is there any way to stop it from bringing a list down when you use a seach engine?
souillette

about:config --Freezes my computer-Black Screen

Post by souillette »

Mornin',
I'd like to make a change in about:config per a posting relative to slow loading of FF. When I go to scroll looking for the particular "command?" my system freezes and the screen goes black! I have to manually power it down and then back on to get going again. It's scaring the heck out of me :)
Can someone tell me whats happening?
koim

Post by koim »

Is there any way to make that same autocomplete behaviour apply to regular form input elements? That would be great :D
Chimera in da house
tcwjonny

Post by tcwjonny »

Careful. I put in Browser.urlbar.autoFill instead of browser.urlbar.autoFill (notice the lowercase b) and it didn't work. Looks like the user set preferences are case sensitive. To fix, I right clicked on the Browser.urlbar.autoFill line and clicked reset. Then I closed out of Firefox completely and relaunced. Went back into about:config and added it properly without the uppercase b. This fixed it. Hopes this helps someone, took me forever to figure it out.
Tulsa Tom

Post by Tulsa Tom »

Sorry guys! I'm a simple user, not a programmer! Can anyone show me how to turn OFF the autocomplete feature? I read the posts and wouldn't know what to type where! Thanks.
perpetual_newby

Post by perpetual_newby »

Anonymous wrote:How do I disable the feature so that when I start typing locations, no drop down list appears at all. It seems as if setting Autofill to "false" doesn't do the trick.. Is there any other setting?

Me, too! I've tried the same thing. I HATE Autocomplete!
Thanks.
--Tom--
illogic800

Deleting entries

Post by illogic800 »

How do I delete single or multiple entries from the drop down list in the url/address bar?

Post by Guest »

Unarmed wrote:
Anonymous wrote:How do I disable the feature so that when I start typing locations, no drop down list appears at all. It seems as if setting Autofill to "false" doesn't do the trick.. Is there any other setting?

You can hide the drop down by adding a line to userChrome.css:

Code: Select all

#PopupAutoComplete, #PopupAutoComplete > .autocomplete-tree { display: none !important; }

I must be an idiot because I can't get it to work on mine. Is there some special format you need to put that code in or can you just copy and paste it directly to the userchrome.css file?

Post by Guest »

is there a way to disable without going into the code. i'm not a programmer.
bazikcho

Post by bazikcho »

dmelgar

Post by dmelgar »

I agree with folks. Is seems silly to have a basic option burried where no one can find it without scanning the internet and having to type in some new value on a hidden page.

I know many people in my organization who have refused to switch to Firefox because this common basic feature appears to be missing.

What was the reason to leave this off the menu? There should at least be an advanced tab or something for a normal user to be able to find this stuff.