Embedded Windows Media/Launch.com in Firefox 1.0

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

Anonymous wrote:Still the guest above.

My extension list only contains DOM Inspector. Should there be something for the installed xpi and if so, how come I don't have it?

I dragged and dropped the xpi and it says it's installed and to restart Firefox. Did that and still nada.

If you re-read the instructions for installing the ActiveX xpi, you'll see that it does not appear in the extensions window once installed, because it's not an extension.

To check that you have ActiveX and Windows Media Player fully installed, type about:plugins in the address bar and look for these entries:
  • Mozilla ActiveX control and plugin support
    • File name: npmozax.dll
  • Microsoft® DRM
    • File name: npdrmv2.dll
  • Microsoft® DRM
    • File name: npwmsdrm.dll
  • Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library
    • File name: npdsplay.dll
[/quote]
"All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one" - Occam's Razor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110624 Thunderbird/5.0

Post by Guest »

Thanks very much for this work-around!!

By the way, I've always been able to use Yahoo's LAUNCHcast Radio using Firefox 1.

Post by Guest »

I cannot get this page: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/resources/wmp9.reg to show a downloadable link. It is just a bunch of text that looks like it should be clickable but is not. here is what the page displays to me:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\ShimInclusionList\MOZILLA.EXE]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\ShimInclusionList\PHOENIX.EXE]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\ShimInclusionList\MOZILLAFIREBIRD.EXE]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\ShimInclusionList\FIREFOX.EXE]

Again, none of this is clickable.

Can someone help me out?
Old RPGM35

Post by Old RPGM35 »

right click>save link as?

Post by Guest »

There are no links on thr page, and I tried right clicking the unlinked text, it just brought up the normal options, nothing else
Old RPGM35

Post by Old RPGM35 »

what did you right click? this?

Post by Guest »

Well, i right clicked the link you gave me and it appears to have installed, thanks =]
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/resources/wmp9.reg is the file you should have downloaded, not a page.
"All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one" - Occam's Razor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110624 Thunderbird/5.0
feromone

Post by feromone »

Will installing the ActiveX controls + the Netscape fix allow me to view all streamed video content on Firefox? Currently FF crashes nearly every time I try and view video online whether it's Quicktime or WMP. It's extremely frustrating because I think FF is a great browser.
Real Brother

Post by Real Brother »

How Do I add Mozilla to Windows 95 OPS ?

Thanks.
suleymans@ciu.edu.tr

unable to play activex

Post by suleymans@ciu.edu.tr »

Hello,
I did just as described in your comments but I can not play activex still .
I'm using windows xp professional, Firefox version1.0(ax)
do you have any coments on this ?
regards
ssaltin

Re: unable to play activex

Post by ssaltin »

suleymans@ciu.edu.tr wrote:Hello,
regards

oops. it worked just after installing the ChromEdit, not sure related to this, but shall test after uninstalling .shall let you know

Re: unable to play activex

Post by Guest »

ssaltin wrote:
suleymans@ciu.edu.tr wrote:Hello,
regards

oops. it worked just after installing the ChromEdit, not sure related to this, but shall test after uninstalling .shall let you know

just uninstalled ChromEdit and its still working :)

Post by Guest »

Hello, Step 5. says to apply this registry patch: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/resources/wmp9.reg
It solves the problem of Firefox trying to use the WMP 6.4 plugin, instead of the WMP 9/10 one.
To apply this registry patch, download the file to your desktop and then double-click it. A pop-up will ask if you want to add the information in it to the registry - click Yes.

When I do this however I don't get a popup window if I want to add to the registry I just get a web page with the following information, what should I do?

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\ShimInclusionList\MOZILLA.EXE]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\ShimInclusionList\PHOENIX.EXE]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\ShimInclusionList\MOZILLAFIREBIRD.EXE]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\ShimInclusionList\FIREFOX.EXE]
Old RPGM35

Post by Old RPGM35 »

like i said above, right click the link and select save link as, then open it, dont click it or that''ll come up. this should be noted