Losing bookmarks

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Emulator

Post by Emulator »

I have lost all of my bookmarks as well, completely out of the blue. There was no crash, firefox didn't ask me to make a new profile or whatever, there's no "FOUND.000" directory, and when I go to the profile manager, there's only ONE profile, named "default." Now what? I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, and in my haste of reading this post I missed it, but I believe that I seem to be the only one that has permanently lost their profile.
Old enrgy21

Post by Old enrgy21 »

Did you have a profile other than the default? Is that the one you think is permanently lost?

http://the-edmeister.home.comcast.net/a ... older.html
http://the-edmeister.home.comcast.net/t ... _data.html

Post by Guest »

Yes, that is correct. I believe I had my own profile. I was reading the other posts, and they said if such-and-such a thing happened. then there would be two profiles. Now I only have the one, default.
Old enrgy21

Post by Old enrgy21 »

You say you had another profile, but you justify this by saying you read other posts. You might be confused by those posts. Did you ever go to the profile manager and manually make a new profile with a unique name? If you did not, your profile IS the default profile - and that's where your bookmarks are. To recover those bookmarks see step 2:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 64#1250164

Post by Guest »

I've gotten the create a profile thing, as well as lost my Bookmarks in the process. It seems to me (I could be wrong), that a Sun Java update, or some java event preceeded it.
Old enrgy21

Post by Old enrgy21 »

It may have been related if you didn't have the most recent java update but hopefully you've read some of the info about recovering bookmarks and creating a new profile.
fuorigioco1981

Post by fuorigioco1981 »

hi there cause there too many pages to read i have a question that may have been already answered sorry bout that...how can i import my bookmarks from opera?i ve read that i need a third-party bookmark manager.ive tried but they dont "go" from opera to firefox.what can i do?any dummy guide?thx in advance
Old enrgy21

Post by Old enrgy21 »

Post by Guest »

tried that didnt do it
Old enrgy21

Post by Old enrgy21 »

What happened when you download, installed, rebooted bookmark converter and followed the instructions:
"to import your Opera bookmarks and export them back out as a HTML file. Then you can import it into Firefox?"

And when you went to file>import, did you see opera listed?

Post by Guest »

Augh.
I've managed to lose my bookmarks again (second time). I've tried nearly everything I can think of (including searching for found files, bookmarks, .000 and .chk files, running chkdsk, and going through both Documents and Settings and my recycle bin thoroughly). My system crashed and, after rebooting, my bookmarks were gone. When I looked in the default and user bookmark html files, they said that the files had been modified today.
Is there anything else I can do to find my bookmarks?

Post by Guest »

dustbowl

Post by dustbowl »

Is it possible to undelete a deleted profile?
dustbowl

mozilla suite profile recovery?

Post by dustbowl »

Is it possible to undelete a deleted profile?
hellene

Post by hellene »

Not if you actually went in and deleted all the files. If you have just created a new default profile, then the old profile is still lying about.

Give more details.
I don't know how to do any of this stuff, I just hire the guys that do
Have you considered reading the HELP folder. Right there on your menu bar.
Image by Juniper http onic.net/~daylight/ - Xmas special by Ol Grumpy