My ISP is by-passing Firefox's Location bar search

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
lisuck

Re: My ISP is by-passing Firefox's Location bar search

Post by lisuck »

I had the same problem with Firefox thru Netvigator at home. Simply changed dns servers to Google's. Now all fixed. Richard Li is a d@$kh*$d.
Gothicawakening

Post by Gothicawakening »

Finally fixed. After some more time on the Phone with PCCW, they finally removed this stupid re-direct, so Firefox is working as normal again.

Thanks for the link to the SlashDot article, some good ideas there. For now I will just hope PCCW doesn't do anything else stupid and leave my DNS etc as is, but at least if they do it again I have more options for sorting it out at my end now.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
xeribii

Post by xeribii »

I called PCCW today on +852 1000. They said they'll opt me out within 48 hrs. It's fortunate that this can be canceled. Thanks, HongKonger2010!
Guest11111111111

Post by Guest11111111111 »

Same thing happened to me (Road Runner ISP), luckily I found the opt out button (It's hidden under 'preferences'), although it takes about 5-10 minutes to take effect.
anonymous newbie

Post by anonymous newbie »

I had the same problem. The tech support person at PCCW promised to reset it for me. He also told me that many other people have been complaining. This malware trick is a very unethical move by PCCW. I am considering another company, like HK Broadband.

Anonymous Newbie
garybarlow

Post by garybarlow »

This'll fix it quick smart. Just need to edit the deafault browser search engine

http://www.firefoxfacts.com/2008/01/13/ ... n-firefox/