My firefox search engines are gone!!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
sida

My firefox search engines are gone!!

Post by sida »

I've just realized that all search engines on the top right side of my firefox are gone
And already checked the link named "Get more search engines" under "Manage search engines option", it lead me to totally NOTHING :|
I wonder where i can get them all back
and the other weird thing is that when I go to Mozilla Firefox folder in C, there's a folder named searchplugins which contains some XML files which i think it means my search engines might be still there, and not showing in firefox.
by the way Ive already did things like reset to default toolbars bla bla blaaaaaaaaaa. so plz dont straight away think of solutions like that [-o< [-o<
Plz help me out with this weird issue :( ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
LIMPET235

Re: My firefox search engines are gone!!

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi, Have you seen or tried anything in this article?
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Search_Bar
You could try a new profile.

Moving to Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

sida
It's probably caused by that stupid Google Toolbar that causes so many problems on browsers. Try disabling it or uninstalling it. Or you can test this problem out in safe-mode and if your search engine's come back then it's an extension doing this.
This is only for Firefox safe-mode...Don't check off any of it's safe-mode boxes...
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode
by the way Ive already did things like reset to default toolbars bla bla blaaaaaaaaaa. so plz dont straight away think of solutions like that

And, if you post what you've already done by saying bla, bla, bla... people here will give you suggestions to resolve this that contain bla, bla, bla answers because bla, bla, bla...doesn't tell us much ](*,)
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
dickvl

Post by dickvl »