Search Helper Extension

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
guest5443

Re: Search Helper Extension

Post by guest5443 »

Isn't windows a beautifull trojan horse infecting everything?
phantomflanflinger

Post by phantomflanflinger »

I'm using Windows 7 and to remove Search Helper Extension from Firefox, all I had to do was reboot in Safe Mode (to get the boot menu keep pressing F8 while the machine boots, if you didn't know that!)
and then I could delete the
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\
folder.
If you're on a 32 bit machine, it'll be at
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\
It's gone from my Firefox now. :)

I tried Unlocker, but it doesn't work properly in Windows 7. Good app for Win XP though.
FatJohn

Post by FatJohn »

Once you guys have had enough of Micro$oft, there's an alternative that puts you in control of your computer.

It's GNU/Linux.

See the links in my signature below.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

valdeBrian

Post by valdeBrian »

I CAN'T STAND THIS BING ADD ON....HOW CAN I GET RID OFF IT? IS REALLY ANNOYING I TRY TO USE MY BOOKMARK PAGES AND BING TAKES OVER AND GIVES ME A BUNCH A BOGUS LINKS. I'M TIRED OF THAT BS.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

valdeBrian wrote:I CAN'T STAND THIS BING ADD ON....HOW CAN I GET RID OFF IT? .

Read this thread maybe?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
GTryder

Post by GTryder »

valdeBrian
While anyone experiencing this problem can likely understand your annoyance and frustration, kindly turn off caps lock when posting...It is considered rude and shouting...as well as making it difficult to read.

1. Please notice that you posted directly after a response which contains a link to one offered solution for removal.

2. Then, (re?)read through this tread; Hint: Begin on page one.
Ab subabsurda numquid ad veritas. "From the somewhat absurd possibility to reality."
Kaveh

Post by Kaveh »

"Microsoft .Net Framework 4 client profile" update for windows hijacks the bar to Bing from Google. Uninstall it and everything is back to normal.

Firefox should not allow other programs to modify or add plugins to it without asking permission from user. It is just ridiculous that they can do this, I just can't believe this really happens.

Note to Microsoft about Bing: I will never use it, even if someday it comes better than Google. There is something more fundamental here that you don't understand. There is a reason people LOVE Google/Linux/... and HATE Microsoft, and until you change your mentality this will go on. I hope that someday you learn to respect the consumers.
Kaveh

Post by Kaveh »

ps: and of course, we LOVE Mozilla Firefox! :)
cuz84d

Post by cuz84d »

Hey, the big 3 all been doing it with installing IM products too, slip in that search bar into your browser.. well I just went to the control panel and uninstalled bing bar, took care of it.
cuz84d

Post by cuz84d »

Kaveh wrote:"Microsoft .Net Framework 4 client profile" update for windows hijacks the bar to Bing from Google. Uninstall it and everything is back to normal.

hijacks the bar, or changes your search engine default from Google to Bing? Which would be expected in my book, I mean you did get an update which installs a search feature..
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Locking because this is being spammed