plugin-container.exe

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Bluefang

Re: plugin-container.exe

Post by Bluefang »

Bluefang wrote:AFAIK no.
viewtopic.php?p=9527621#p9527621

In case you missed it the first time.
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...

Post by Guest »

LoudNoise wrote:Also, you can turn it off by typing About:config in the address bar, filter for dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll and change that to false. Flash will run in the program proper.

Will this stop container-plugin.exe allways or only with flash and when that's the case...how to disable it totally in About:config?
Get

Post by Get »

plugin-container.exe that is...
cuz84d

Post by cuz84d »

Get wrote:plugin-container.exe that is...

Just when it uses flash for plugin container.. denoted by .[dll name] at the end of the preference.
Each DLL is white listed to on. There is a master pref set to false, but only affects plugins that are not white listed.

BTW. 3.6.6 will be out soon to fix a common flash crash with plugin-container use.
i8pzs1

Post by i8pzs1 »

Thx!
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

cuz84d wrote:
Get wrote:plugin-container.exe that is...

BTW. 3.6.6 will be out soon to fix a common flash crash with plugin-container use.

That's good to know because I'm now starting to get crashes with Flash stuff... what happened to rel 3.6.5?
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

dfoulkes wrote:That's good to know because I'm now starting to get crashes with Flash stuff... what happened to rel 3.6.5?

where's 3.6.5? ...
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

ElTxolo wrote:
dfoulkes wrote:That's good to know because I'm now starting to get crashes with Flash stuff... what happened to rel 3.6.5?

where's 3.6.5? ...

That's my question...cuz84d mentioned 3.6.6 would come out soon so I asked ... about 3.6.5 :) ...I guess that if we're on 3.6.4 then 3.6.5 must be "sooner" than the 3.6.6's "soon" :-"
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
teoli2003

Post by teoli2003 »

There won't be Firefox 3.6.5 as Gecko 1.9.2.5 is specific for Fennec 1.1.
myuhinny

Post by myuhinny »

This new plugin-container maybe rubbish but I wouldn't use chrome if I were you because it is worse then this new update that they added to firefox I uninstalled it because it opens a new instance for every web page that you open and unless you have a fancy new computer chrome is a waste of computer space and now it looks like firefox is going to be the same guess I will have to go back to internet explorer. I never had any problems other then a little lag but now I can't even do anything anymore with flash games or anything else and what is the point of having the flash player plug-in separate when it fails it is still just like it firefox has crashed you will still lose any and everything you were doing when it fails but now you have to refresh the page and start over again which seems pointless to me.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Firefox 3.6.6 is out: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=574905 - Bug 574905 – Increase hang detector timeout
cuz84d

Post by cuz84d »

myuhinny wrote:This new plugin-container maybe rubbish but I wouldn't use chrome if I were you because it is worse then this new update that they added to firefox I uninstalled it because it opens a new instance for every web page that you open and unless you have a fancy new computer chrome is a waste of computer space and now it looks like firefox is going to be the same guess I will have to go back to internet explorer. I never had any problems other then a little lag but now I can't even do anything anymore with flash games or anything else and what is the point of having the flash player plug-in separate when it fails it is still just like it firefox has crashed you will still lose any and everything you were doing when it fails but now you have to refresh the page and start over again which seems pointless to me.

It puts all plugin instances into separate processes.. you wouldn't be able to use your OS if it didn't have this feature.. so now your browser has it. Currently there is not a way to automatically restart plugins and the way it was setup was to give users full control of the their browser experience. For example:

Lets say your a user who loves to open several tabs with flash content on it. Each tab loads a video. Lets say this person is also on dialup.. now since you cannot browser more than 1 tab at a time in this case, why would you want to restart and load all those instances again.. it would be a CPU hog, Bandwidth Hog and Audio/video Hog.. In that case auto restarting plugins suck, because I was thinking of YouTube that always autostarts Flash.

Some time later they will look at Per Tab Processes..

IE is a memory hog too.. its UI is so slow..
Last edited by cuz84d on June 26th, 2010, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cuz84d

Post by cuz84d »

dfoulkes wrote:
ElTxolo wrote:

where's 3.6.5? ...

That's my question...cuz84d mentioned 3.6.6 would come out soon so I asked ... about 3.6.5 :) ...I guess that if we're on 3.6.4 then 3.6.5 must be "sooner" than the 3.6.6's "soon" :-"

Yeah, they had to skip over that number..I wasn't infering that 3.6.5 was sooner than soon. :wink: but 3.6.6 was coming soon and came out tonight which should fix the timeout crashes. See this blog post for more on this Flash timeout issue:
http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2010/06/26 ... -download/

Post by Guest »

cuz84d wrote:...and the way it was setup was to give users full control of the their browser experience.

There's a line straight out of the 'Mozilla Book of BS', if ever I heard one.

Lets say your a user who loves to open several tabs with flash content on it. Each tab loads a video. Lets say this person is also on dialup.. now since you cannot browser more than 1 tab at a time in this case, why would you want to restart and load all those instances again.. it would be a CPU hog, Bandwidth Hog and Audio/video Hog.. In that case auto restarting plugins suck, because I was thinking of YouTube that always autostarts Flash.

Errr......you would build in Flashblock by default, like K Meleon has done for years.

OOPS in 3.6.4 was a rush job on a feature that was supposed to be in 3.7. Every tester knows that and no amount of bs is going to change that. How did anyone think this new process was going to get through corporate IT firewalls/proxys without even telling them about it first!
myuhinny

Post by myuhinny »

Well firefox is back to the way I had it I reinstalled version 3.6.3 and after reboot it tried to upgrade I hit cancel and then went into options and turned off the firefox update so if it try's to update again I will bitch slap the fur off of that fox. Hopefully this will work and I will stay at 3.6.3 forever if I have to so that I wont have to deal with anymore of firefox's bullshit updates that do nothing but suck the life out out of everything. If they were smart they would make 2 versions 1 for the people with the fancy smantzy computers or the rich people that can afford to buy the fancy smantzy computers every other year and the 2nd one for the people that have a good running computer that works great till someone adds bs add-ons like container-plugin.exe.

"Lets say your a user who loves to open several tabs with flash content on it. Each tab loads a video. Lets say this person is also on dialup.. now since you cannot browser more than 1 tab at a time in this case, why would you want to restart and load all those instances again.. it would be a CPU hog, Bandwidth Hog and Audio/video Hog.. In that case auto restarting plugins suck, because I was thinking of YouTube that always autostarts Flash."

I would hate to be dial-up users their download rate and search speed must really suck now with this new update I had dial-up at one time and everything was so slow and it sounds like firefox's excuse is just another way to try to get people to fancier computers and to try to kill off dial-up or any of the other users that do not have the fancy hook-up connections. I have cable hook-up and this new update sucks with my computer and it was nothing but a CPU hog even after turning it to false. LONG LIVE VERSION 3.6.3 DEATH TO ANYTHING ELSE.