plugin-container.exe

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
LoudNoise

Re: plugin-container.exe

Post by LoudNoise »

Have fun. Should you want help feel free to start another thread.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Leanmeanflyingmachine

Post by Leanmeanflyingmachine »

LoudNoise wrote:Also, you can turn it off by typing About:config in the address bar, filter for dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll and change that to false. Flash will run in the program proper.

I could kiss you right now!
My CPU just couldn't handle firefox and plugin-container, watching hd videos was impossible.
Stuttered like crazy! Used your advise and voila :D

Thank you mate!
freako

Post by freako »

Oook, I have 2 processes plugin-container.exe, each is eating 25-30K memory + firefox.exe 150K !!!!!!! When I start some flash game it goes to 30K+370K+150K firefox. This is not normal!!!!! Will You fix it?? Or can I fix it?????
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

LoudNoise wrote:Also, you can turn it off by typing About:config in the address bar, filter for dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll and change that to false. Flash will run in the program proper.

How much memory is Firefox using after you do this?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
freako

Post by freako »

LoudNoise wrote:

How much memory is Firefox using after you do this?
198K with only About:config opened. 489K with facebook game opened (farmville)
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

So, if I under stand this correctly, you are using 489k without using plug-in container and using 550k when you are using plug-in container.
Post wrangler
freako

Post by freako »

It is not a big difference for me, but for someone with slow PC ...
Now i enabled it again there is only 1 container. I dont know why there were 2 before!?

But it would be good to make the container to turn it self off when there are not opened pages with flash and if you open flash to start again. Why should be one more process running all the time :)
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Is my math about correct? You had two container process because you were most likely using two plugs-ins. Flash, of course, and likely the other was running java (don't know for certain).
Post wrangler
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

Yes, each plugin will run in its own container. That means you'll have one for Flash, Java, WMP, Acrobat Reader, etc... They only get started when the plugin is first needed.
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Bluefang wrote:Yes, each plugin will run in its own container. That means you'll have one for Flash, Java, WMP, Acrobat Reader, etc... They only get started when the plugin is first needed.

In case I missed the post... do they go away in time like other process if no longer in use?
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Thanks... I guess if I'd done more reading I'd have know... :oops:
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
inesbeag

Post by inesbeag »

Thanks for the about:config code
freako

Post by freako »

LoudNoise wrote:Is my math about correct? You had two container process because you were most likely using two plugs-ins. Flash, of course, and likely the other was running java (don't know for certain).

You are correct. But tell me what if I start farmville (1 container) , some java app (1 more), WMP online radio (1 more)..... I would have 4-5 more running processes, eating memory and cpu. So you did not answer my question - will this container turn it self off when there is no opened site which need the container? Or should I turn it off and forget about it?
cuz84d

Post by cuz84d »

yeah, firefox is suppose to kill it from task manager when its no longer needed. not sure if that is at browser shutdown or when you start closing tabs where its used.