plugin-container.exe

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
zzdave

Re: plugin-container.exe

Post by zzdave »

Guest wrote:This new plugin-container is rubbish... i now makes flash games impossible to play as the responsiveness is totally crap. Press a button.. wait 30seconds whilst plugin-container runs at 90% cpu doing nothing... i'm off to chrome!

I agree. The container is using around 17mb of memory and has slowed things down considerably. I use Chrome on my other machine and will now change this machine to either Opera or Chrome.

Firefox started life as a great program and a wonderful alternative to Internet Explore. It has now turned into Internet Explorer and I for one am now off to try something different.

C'mon firefox, we want fast, light, resource easy browsers.

Dave
janno22

Post by janno22 »

If you don't like the plugin-container.exe , turn it off. BY THE WAY, Chrome has always used the equivalent of a plugin-container. Most of the code to do it in Firefox is taken from the source code in Chrome since most of chrome is open source.
DonSimon76

Post by DonSimon76 »

I hadn't noticed a huge issue until my computer was crawling today. I checked the task manager to see what was hogging CPU or Mem Usage. The plugin-container.exe was fluctuating between 45,000 and 1,500,000 in Mem Usage. That just seems excessive no matter what its benefits are. I went into the config and disabled it and so far everything seems good. I know what it is supposed to do and why it is supposed to do it but it seems to be at a detriment to Firefox in general.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

If your computer started crawling today you did something unique today. Process container isn't something new with 3.6.9.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Djarlo

Post by Djarlo »

I started using FireFox years ago, cause it was so lightweight compared to Internet Explorer. Over time Firefox started consuming more and more resources, its gotten so bad, i cannot even run my browser on work side by sides all the other programs i need, cause FireFox requires all my memory and CPU.
Firefox works so much better then all those other browsers, but cause of all this, i must say i prefer IE or Chrome above FF just cause they actually run decently and my computer doesn't sound like its carrying the world on its shoulders, i'm running a quadcore with 4GB RAM here ..
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Do you want some help? Otherwise take it to Hendrix
http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
Third party toolbars are some of the biggest problem causers by the way and users have to install them :-"
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Djarlo

Post by Djarlo »

No its just the flash running.
Turning off other extensions and Plugins doest change mem usage much,
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Some extension do not turn off cleanly. Fasterfox springs to mind and a lot of third party toolbars are notorious for not disabling cleanly.
Try a new clean profile
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manag ... ew_profile
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Guest79

Post by Guest79 »

It doesn't slow down firefox at all unless I'm using a flash program, then it becomes almost unusable.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

I think any further discussion on this topic requires a new start.
After 3 months & 10 pages, all the queries seem to have been answered.
If anyone has another question or problem, please start a new thread.
Locking.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)